Schedule Programs

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by onmyown, Aug 3, 2007.

1. onmyown

onmyown New Member

Schedule Programs

I am new to the forum and fairly new to my Q.

The main reason i bought my Q is to help me keep track of my upcoming shows (yes im a musician) baby stuff (yup im a new dad too) and work.

Sadly I only have Outlook Express on my computer at home. I have been entering my schedule via my Q and its driving me crazy.

I have searched the forum time and time again on answers to my questions but havent found a solid one yet.

Can I purchase any other scheduling program that will sync with my q that DOES NOT require full blown Outlook?

Or am I stuck with thumb blisters?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

check out Agenda One or Extreme Agenda, both here in the software section. i use Outlook so haven't felt the need for one. also do a search there are lots of threads about Agenda/Scheduling programs.
  3. onmyown

onmyown New Member

Ive done some research on both EA and Agenda One. I guess my point is. Will any scheduling programs sync with my Q from my pc without the need of Outlook.

Im trying to avoid buying Microsoft Office. However i do want to find a scheduling program that will allow me to enter my shedule on my pc and sync it to my Q.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i see.. i misread, it's not 100% clear if it needs Outlook it says it sync wiht Active Sync, check out Pocket Informant for Smartphones, to read more about the program read the info on the PPC version.
  5. onmyown

onmyown New Member

I think I might be out of luck..

Pocket Informant was looking great..

Until i read that it only works on phone with touch screens!!!
    hahaha

Thank you for your help though..
    Hoepfully something will come across
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

are you sure ? they show a Motorola Q, see here.
  7. onmyown

onmyown New Member

8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

the thing is in order for it to work with active sync you need some sort of desktop client...and i dont believe pocket informant has a desktop client....

come to think of it im not sure any 3rd party calendar app does...:frown:
  10. onmyown

onmyown New Member

so what you are saying is i need to fork out the cash for Office?

Or just suck it up and hack it out on my Q

*sigh* Unsure
  11. n99hockey

you might have to...(unless you know how to write pretty damn complicated program...which i wish i knew how to)

if you dont have the $$ for office you can just purchase outlook...and if you dont have the $$ now you can (i think you still can) download a 60 day trial of outlook 2007
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Flex Wallet is made by them and it has a desktop client.. so who knows.
  13. n99hockey

very true...

it would be nice if some other 3rd party app had a calendar/contact app with a desktop client...would certainly lessen the need for outlook
  14. tdcrone

tdcrone New Member

Harking to my Linux roots, I know some people have used synce for Windows Mobile, and of course Outlook doesn't run well under X. If you were so inclined then perhaps you could either port or modify it.

On the other hand, I hit upon this link in my search as well, which appears to be exactly what you want:
    http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/0...google-calendar-with-a-windows-mobile-device/

No promises but there it is. =)

Best luck,
    -Tim
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

or.. even though some might say the Q is more a business oriented device someone should code an application that can sync with Express since pretty much every Windows user has that.
  16. onmyown

onmyown New Member

I hear that...

I have full blown Outlook here at work but I cant sync with my work computer. They do not allow it. I dont use Outlook for personal email or anything. Motorola / Windows, has backed my into a corner as far and scheduling goes.
  17. n99hockey

we could team up and make a killing creating this program! lol
  18. rubinproj

rubinproj New Member

You can try GooSync
    This program will sync your Google Calendar to outlook on your mobile device, and as you know Google products cost only 0$.:wink:
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yes indeed.. sometimes we seem to forget the obvious, actually there are 2 apps that you can use to sync the Google calendar, there is also OggSync.
  20. onmyown

onmyown New Member

when i use goosync and the google calendar will it show my appointments on my homescreen?