Samsung Jack 6.5 update mainenance release?

Discussion in 'Samsung Jack' started by xalias51, Mar 15, 2010.

1. xalias51

xalias51 New Member

Samsung Jack 6.5 update mainenance release?

I picked up my Samsung Jack a couple of weeks ago. It had Windows Mobile 6.5 already installed out of the box.

I was having some issues with email, applications crashing and other minor things so I thought I would go the the Samsung website and download the 6.5 version and re-install it to see if that would correct some of my issues.

Imagine my surprise to find the version of 6.5 at the web site was dated Feb 26, 2010.

I downloaded and installed it on the phone over the weekend and many of my issues seem to have been resolved.

This is the link if anyone wants to give it a shot.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/d...T&prd_mdl_name=SGH-I637&prd_ia_sub_class_cd=P
  2. JoeyJack

JoeyJack New Member

Could you go into more detail on the problems you were having with 6.5

Thanks
  3. xalias51

xalias51 New Member

Yes, I can....

On power up, Outlook would often hang. I would see the outlook bar across the top of the screen and the messaging bar across the bottom and it would stay this way until I opened and closed messaging.

Certain applications installed would often crash or hang, the most egregious example is my twitter app (MoTweets) which would start thowing connection errors, causing the application to hang until I powered the phone off.

When I would get an error like this or an application crash that necessitated powering the phone off, on restart, the phone would come up but would no longer recognize the memory card. I would have to, then, power the phone off, remove the battery for awhile, re-insert the battery and then power on to get the memory card to be recognized.

Since re-flashing the phone and following the directions exactly, almost all of these problems have been resolved. Outlook no longer hangs on power up and I have not had any application crashes since.

I did, however, have one instance where moTweets hung up when trying to load a picture from a tweet and I had to power off and power on to clear it, but that is the only hang I have had of late.

in addition, when that happened, on power up, the phone recognized the memory card without the need to remove and replace the battery.

Hope this is helpful...
  4. JoshuaGaler

JoshuaGaler New Member

Thanks for informing about the update of Samsung. I don't prefer to use Samsung mobile phone. One of my friend has samsung and he found many a time some problem with his phone. And due to that reason I don't prefer samsung.
  5. chuckh1958

chuckh1958 New Member

I stumbled on this thread while researching memory card problems with my Samsung Jack. It was just given to me about 2 weeks ago by our corporate wireless division. I added a 4g memory card and noticed that if I switch the USB connection type to "mass storage" I can access the card from my PC, but when I switch it back to modem or ActiveSync, the phone itself cannot launch apps installed on the memory card until I power cycle it. Did you have that problem too? Is there a way to see if I need to reflash my phone? I'd hate to go through this if it there's an easier way to fix it because I have a ton of apps that I'd probably need to reinstall, including some installed by my company.