Samsung Focus Wp7 wont power up

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Rob Vazzana, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Rob Vazzana

Rob Vazzana New Member

Hi folks,

After connecting my WP7 to my laptop and installing Zune, my phone will not power up when pressing the power button, or the camera button. No white screen, no display at all, as if the battery is not hooked up. It worked last night without issue, and I decided to install Zune on my laptop so I could put some music on the phone. Now, no power up. Previously it had an issue when I would click Marketplace, it would do the Loading . . . but then would go back to the home screen.

Tried pulling the battery and letting it sit, no luck. Could this be the dreaded bootloader issue?

Thanks!
    Rob
  2. Rob Vazzana

Rob Vazzana New Member

After having the battery out for awhile and then puting it back in and connecting it to my PC, the phone went into charging mode. Now it will power up. Strange, it appears the battery became completely discharged while it was connected to the laptop after charging all night and then installing Zune, which started the sync process...

I still can't get into Marketplace at all. Not sure if I will have to reset the device to fix it, but I'd rather not! Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Rob
  3. termleech

termleech Member

I would take the phone and get a replacement. Especially with the batter issue. Better to do it now while it's under warranty.