Samsung Focus weak battery life?

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Despair, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Despair

Despair New Member

Literally my only complaint with my Focus is what seems to be much worse battery life than my iPhone. Especially just leaving it on standby over night it loses 1/4 of the battery or more? Anyone know where I can get a battery upgrade or is the phone too new?
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I think the phone is too new, but I suspect Seidio will eventually offer an extended battery for the Samsung Focus. Trouble is, that usually add some odd back that jets out of the phone.
  3. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Ive never had it lose 1/4 of battery life over night. As a matter of fact, I had fallen asleep one night and there were no bars left on the battery indicator. I thought I had plugged it in the charger but I didn't (got introduced by a fellow bouncer to the joys of sipping whiskey and chasing it with sips of apple juice after my shift...do the math).
    I don't know how many of you realize this, but the battery still has a pretty decent amount of power left even when there are no bars showing on the indicator, so when I ..er...woke up 7 hours later, I could still use the phone.
    Now, daily use is another matter. Between the processor, the 4 inch SAMOLED screen and the OS needing some tweaks, the Focus' battery life is not in the league of the iphone 4. That being the case, I normally have half the battery left when I get home from work and I check Facebook, have push email, browse about 3 -4 different websites every 2 hours during the workday.
  4. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

Are you in a weak signal area? That can be a battery killer especially if the phone is bouncing between EDGE and 3G. Mine usually doesn't discharge very much unless I am actually using it.
  5. Despair

Despair New Member

No I usually have 3G, but at home I'm on wireless exclusively anyways. Does the phone "Sync" every 5 minutes even when it's sleeping? I could imagine that would drain it over night even on the wireless...
  6. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

By wireless I'm assuming you mean wi-fi..?
  7. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

What do you mean by "sync"?
  8. jimsmith

jimsmith New Member

I had my phone in the car for most of the day, made one or two short phone calls, checked email several times, and it's still near full charge. So that seems off to me.
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Did you change how often your email or any other apps sync since you last started this thread? I have my email setup to sync "as it arrives". Instant notifications seems to drain less battery than checking for email at a set interval. At least that was my experience with wm6.1 phones. I guess I will find out soon enough if it's still true for wp7 phones.
  10. WP7map.com

WP7map.com New Member

It definately is not in the league with the iPhone 4 as far as battery life but its not that bad either. If you turn off services that query servers reguarily it will boost battery life. Also, I turn off wifi when not in use.