Samsung Focus Review

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Transdgtl, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Transdgtl

Transdgtl New Member

Hey all. Got a review up on my site for the Samsung Focus. I figured the best place to share it would be with a community of people who use the device, or are interested in it. How has your experience using it been? Thanks guys!
    mayflower likes this.
  2. mayflower

mayflower New Member

Hello everyone, as of today I am a proud new Samsung Focus owner. and I would like to know what are somethings that I should do for it? I am new to the Samsung Focus scene so don't know much, I was thinking of perhaps rooting it?
  3. Louise Chiffonade Brescia

Louise Chiffonade Brescia New Member

am not impressed with a couple of features on this phone. How do you cut and paste? The synching with my hotmail makes for repeated contacts as different info is used when synching with Facebook. Where is the dictionary?????? How do I add terms? I abbreviate "breakfast" as "bfast" in texts and it comes out "beast." No custom ringtones available? The calendar alerts are faulty - if you want the calendar alert RIGHT at the time it's set, you can't set it to do this. You have the choice of 1 minute before or after but NO way to have it ring exactly at the time of the appointment. The camera is unequivocally the WORST phone cam I have EVER used. You should NOT need a tripod to use a phone cam. There is a "feedback" setting BUT NO WAY TO GIVE FEEDBACK. Later versions of this phone better improve or it's going to flop into betamax hell.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2010/10/20/samsung-focus-with-windows-phone-7-review-make-room-for-microsoft/#ixzz1KLSgZ1od
    mayflower likes this.
  4. DavidCo

DavidCo New Member

1. for cut/paste, just hold down on a word - it will highlight, then you can drag the sides to surround all the text you want to copy, then hit the little icon that comes up to copy. To paste, just use the little paste icon that pops up once you have something on your clipboard.

2. To add to your dictionary, just hold down on the word after you type it - underneath you'll see a list of suggestions, and a "+" sign, which you should hit to add to your dictionary.

3. No custom ringtones is poor, but that should be fixed with Mango.

4. The calendar isn't a timer, so you don't get that last-second reminder, just the last-minute one.

5. I find it hard to believe it's the worst phone cam you've ever used - I've been using phonecams for a long time, and while it's not the best one on the market, it's pretty good, better than my previous Android. Don't forget to use the "halfway hold down" method to get the auto focus before pressing all the way down, and check your settings (sharpness, autoshake, etc).

If you'd like to express feedback to Microsoft (the feedback setting on the phone is just for automatically collected data), please use Microsoft support links at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/support.aspx or use Microsoft's phone forum at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum
    mayflower likes this.