Samsung Focus Cases

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by chris, Nov 11, 2010.

1. mem30075

mem30075 New Member

2. Ryan Murphy

Ryan Murphy New Member

Love love love this case! Thanks for recommending it (whoever did that). Great argyle pattern that goes well with this Penny Arcade wallpaper (also Argyle): http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/1113272673_FThCt-O.jpg

Not too hard, not too soft. Not too gummy! Get it.
  3. NSH

NSH New Member

4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

5. NSH

NSH New Member

I just noticed it has no cutouts for the side buttons. Depending on how much shipping is I may buy it just to see.
  6. hailtocarter

hailtocarter New Member

I ordered this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004D39KMO/ref=oss_product

but since it was out of stock at the time I decided to order this one as well:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00495YF8A/ref=oss_product

Well, the one I originally bought ended up shipping just 2 days later even though it was not in stock at time of the order, so I guess I really didn't need the backup, but I'm glad I got it! My backup case arrived yesterday and I LOVE it. I'm not sure if I'll even use the original one I wanted once it gets here. The backup case that I got is exactly what I wanted. It's a nice soft rubbery material and it fits perfectly and feels great in my hand. It's pretty thick rubber which makes the phone more bulky, but I don't really mind since I love how it feels and it seems like the thicker rubber offers great protection.

So, I would obviously recommend the case (2nd link) to anyone, and since the other one that I'll get next week is from the same manufacturer (Amzer) I'm confident I'll love it as well.

Edit: One other thing that I have noticed - The black case by Amzer (2nd link) has no cutouts for the buttons which some people don't like, but they respond perfectly from what I can tell, and I actually like it better than pressing the buttons with no case.
  7. NSH

NSH New Member

Thanks for the update hailtocarter. I had been looking at these as well. Still trying to find a good case/screen protector.

So far I have kept my phone isolated in my pocket, away from everything else. Unfortunately I do see a small 'x' scratch near the search button. Lucikly you can only see it when holding at an angle. Not sure how it happened though :(
  8. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

I just received the first one of those (the amazed smoked gel) and I can say it fits very well. And even though the buttons are not cut out, it still works very well. Also, the case is smooth, but not slippery.

All in all, it is a great case, even better when you consider the price.
  9. My_WP7 IS COOL

My_WP7 IS COOL New Member

Anyone have any suggestions for pouch type case, just looking for something to have my phone in while it's in my pocket at work, how's the Mobi one on here?
    Also do the Amzer cases(or any of the silicone type) fit snug because when I had similar cases on my Iphone they would get lint and whatever else in the case and it ended up getting scratched on the back.
  10. ImirOfGroofunkistan

ImirOfGroofunkistan New Member

11. Hologram

Hologram New Member

i would rather perfer a different battery case like how i changed my iphone 4
  12. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Member

I just received this case from Amzer
    http://www.amzer.com/Amzer-Luxe-Argyle-High-Gloss-TPU-Soft-Gel-Skin-Case-Smoke-Grey-P89964.htm

I'm pretty happy with it so far, it seems protective enough without being too bulky. I'll have to get used to the lack of cutouts for the buttons, it seems to work pretty well, but I've had a little trouble with half-pressing to focus with the camera button, I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to the required pressure.

Nice case though, and it looks decent as well.
  13. Commishbob

Commishbob New Member

I can't compare the two but I can tell you I sprung for the Seideo and I'm returning it. It's a snap-together two piece case and it won't stay snapped. Surprisingly they didn't hassle me about the return. Gonna cost me return shipping though. I'm keeping the holster. It's works just as well with the Body Glove with cutout buttons that I'm going back to.
  14. cheshirecat

cheshirecat New Member

15. NSH

NSH New Member

I ended up ordering:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004D39KMY/ref=oss_product

For my wife:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004D39KN8/ref=oss_product

And:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GRBUSE/ref=oss_product

The cases are nice, especially for the price. They don't add too much bulk to the phone and it fits snug. Doesn't have the sticky gel feeling. They are actually transparent so you can still see logos through them.
    The pink, which I bought for my wife, looks good as well. Overall I am happy.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the side buttons are not cutouts and are a bit difficult to press at times. I could see using an exacto knife and cutting out the case buttons but I'm not sure it would work any better.

The screen protectors are good as well. They don't cause much (if any) brightness loss and they fit well. I'm horrible at putting them on so I went through a few before I was successful. This is my fault and not the protector itself. They are smooth and have no 'gel' feeling whatsoever. It honestly feels almost like there is nothing there at all.
    For the price you can't beat it in my opinion.
  16. cheshirecat

cheshirecat New Member

Update: The top of the case where the USB minicable plugs in cracked. The plastic is very thin there, but the rubber liner is holding and I put a drop of glue on each of the breaks that seems to be holding stronger than the original. So I am still happy. Otherwise it is working well. No screen protector and with Gorilla Glass I would bet we don't need any.