Samsung Focus Cases

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by chris, Nov 11, 2010.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Did anyone pickup one of the cases from AT&T? Any good?

I know that our store will have Samsung Focus cases, but there's nothing in stock yet. I checked a few big case manufacturers and there is nothing out there. I'm surprised, I figured companies like Incipio would have something.

Nothing I have fits it, so might have to pick up one from AT&T. Any feedback on the current crop of cases is appreciated.
  2. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I was told that cases from the Galaxy S phones would fit. Hopefully someone can confirm this personally.
  3. muddtt

muddtt Member

I was looking at galaxy cases at Best Buy, but all of the galaxy phones are shaped a tiny bit different. I think some may work, but it wouldn't be an exact fit. Dunno...maybe there is one with the exact same profile, but even the camera/flash locations change phone to phone.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I was never a big fan of pouch cases until I bought the Nexus One. For some reason, I always liked using that case. It worked double duty with my iPhone 4. If there is a good Galaxy S pouch case like that N1 case, I'd be interested.
  5. Jason Jimenez

Jason Jimenez New Member

I picked up the incipio hard grey case from AT&T and so far it has been pretty good.
    chris likes this.
  6. muddtt

muddtt Member

7. johndandison

johndandison New Member

My old phone was a BlackBerry 9700, so I was jonesin' for a case. Found an Eddie Bauer one with a clip at Best Buy that fits about 95%. Good enough for me. Samsung's site has a few listed, with a place to plunk in a model number to check compatibility - so I'd imagine that would help you determine if Galaxy S cases are the same size.
  8. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

The Galaxy S cases will not fit. The phones have slight differences, such as that 'bulge' at the rear base of some Galaxy phones.
  9. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

The AT&T cases are a ripoff and from what I have seen/heard about them they also each have their own flaws.

I recently ordered a Amzer case from Fommy.com with some discount codes (including free shipping) which came out to $9.95 total. I think less than $10 is a great deal for a case, I should have it soon and let you guys know how good it is, they have a great reputation anyway.
    kell329 likes this.
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yes please let us know. Which case did you order? I'd like to know Amzer case quality. I'm thinking of getting this one: http://www.amzer.com/Amzer-Luxe-Argyle-High-Gloss-TPU-Soft-Gel-Skin-Case-Smoke-Grey-P89964.htm
  11. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Amzer cases are very good from the YouTube videos I have seen and reviews I have found here and there.

That's exactly the same case I purchased, same color and everything. Some people might not like the design or color too much but I thought it was interesting as opposed to being a solid boring color. I prefer a design of some sort on my phone cases. I emailed Fommy.com yesterday as they had a shipping date of 12/8 then all of the sudden I receive an email yesterday morning saying it will ship 12/15 so I hope I just have it soon. I hate not having my phone protected especially since in about a month it will easily be flying out of my car when I forget it's even on my lap.
    ninjaap likes this.
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Sweet! You have great fashion sense. Good choice my friend. Question: did you have to pay for shipping? Because amzer.com wants an extra $5.00.
  13. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Ah, the good ol' question is brought up. I didn't pay shipping and I also got $1 off using two different discount codes. I don't want to publicize the codes on here as they might not even be reusable, but feel free to PM me. I'll try and dig up the two that I used to see if they will work for you.
  14. dannahan

dannahan New Member

on the contrary, i actually have the body glove case. it's quite well and protects alot! knowing me, i drop my phone alot -___-

i think it's cause i also had a 50 dollar credit when buying my phone so it was technically free :p
  15. TheMBC

TheMBC New Member

I got an Incipio case from AT&T, it's this silicon-type case but it's hard so it's easy to slide into your pocket and seems to get the job done. Though I don't tend to drop my phone, so I just wanted to get something to protect from scratches.
  16. Flaystus

Flaystus Member

The problem with the body glove softish case that I got is if you press anywhere in the area of a button its hard enough to press the button.

Thus I constantly put the phone to sleep or open the camera app when I don't mean to. Maybe this phone just isn't meant for a case...
  17. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

I finally got my Amzer Luxe Argyle Soft Shell Case from Fommy.com yesterday, and wow I am very impressed and satisfied. The material is great and the case definitely offers protection while maintaining a sleek design and comfort level. The case does have a few sharp edges from the manufacturing process which I tried to get rid of, but now they stick out even more, hopefully over time they will dull out. I highly recommend this case to anyone, especially if you're looking for a case that's less than $10.
  18. Flaystus

Flaystus Member

19. mem30075

mem30075 New Member

I have the incipio case from AT&T (employee discount), and works ok, until the seidio surface combo is available...;)
  20. Flaystus

Flaystus Member

Whats that?