Samsung Focus Appointment reminder won't stop alerting

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Focus13, May 12, 2011.

1. Focus13

Focus13 New Member

I had a meeting reminder pop up and I dismissed it. But since then the reminder alert has been going off continuously. It just won't stop. There is no message on the screen for a reminder but the alert is still going off. I restarted the phone and it still won't stop. Has anybody else encountered this? How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: It's the same alert sound you hear when you plug in the phone to recharge. I had the same issue once when recharging but that was resolved by unplugging and restarting the phone.
  2. Focus13

Focus13 New Member

So I realised later that It is not the appointment reminder. It started after an appointment reminder went off. Now its ringing continuously and just won't stop. It is also draining the battery. My battery just went from almost full to less than half. For a brief moment, the battery status symbol changed to "Charging" even though the phone wasn't plugged in.
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

This is bizarre and haven't seen anything like it. Maybe a battery pull? Honestly not sure why this would happen. Something is not right.
  4. dkinlaw

dkinlaw New Member

Have you tried the task manager in the applications tab from there you can end any app? Usually a battery unplug would fix this but its the only other option I can think of. Are you sure where the reminder is coming from? Maybe its the clock or the calender because they can both be set for reminders. Find it and cancel it.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Windows Phone does not have a Task Manager.
  6. dkinlaw

dkinlaw New Member