Samsung Epix?

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by sherri, Jul 30, 2009.

1. sherri

sherri Active Member

Samsung Epix?

Has anyone seen this phone?

Scott, if this should be moved to AT&T forum, please move it...

It looks alot like the Saga, only "sleeker"...Anyone use or heard of it? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i think its been out for a little while actually
    i have seen it on BGR, Engadget and WMExperts

personally havent read in to it since its an ATT phone

i think ill move it to ATT since we dont have a general Samsung Forum yet:laugh2:
  3. BoostedKnight

BoostedKnight New Member

The epix was the next generation of the Blackjack 2. On top of getting faster like normal, it added a touch-screen with a square resoltuion, i think 320x320. Instead of the 5 way dpad it has an optical mouse which i think is pretty cool. I enjoy WinMo touchscreen phones, so i think its pretty nice. Has the standard Samsung keyboard like the BJ2 did.
  4. zeke009

zeke009 New Member

I ended up getting the Samsung Jack over the Epix for 2 reasons:
    1) The Jack felyt better in my hand and the mouse seemed a little weird to me as I using it in the store.
    2) The guy price matched the Jack to Best Buy for $99 and then gave me the $100 rebate on top of it.

Price was my driving factor, but the form factor played a part in it for me as well.
  5. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

The Saga and Epix are basically the same phone. Saga is CDMA. Epix is GSM.
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

Kind of what I thought. Thanks, Brent! (The Epix is much nicer looking than the Saga...)
  7. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Agred, although I have heard rumor at work that a "Pewter" colored Saga is on it's way
  8. dannydesiliva

dannydesiliva New Member

I just got the Epix and so far, fingers crossed, it has been working. I had to deauthorize/reauthorize my laptop. Also, my laptop does not run Windows Media Player 11 and uses an older version of Rhapsody. I don't know which of these or what combination makes it work but this has been a very stable system for Rhapsody.

Also, I authorized the storage card, 8GB, not the phone. I had to format it first and, before plugging it in to ActiveSync, deselected the sync folders for everything in ActiveSync. I sync my Outlook and everything else on another computer at work. This way, I think, ActivSync doesn't put anything on the card that makes Rhapsody see it as anything other than a hard drive. I dropped music on the card and then sunk my phone on my work computer. Plugging it back into Rhapsody, it still worked.

Hoping it stays that way!

Spa Chemicals | Raleigh Home Renovations | Professional Translation Services