Saga Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by blackmeto, Mar 20, 2009.

1. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Saga Tips and Tricks

Found these on another site and thought they would be so much more comfortable here

Here is my regedit for getting rid of Fn keylock on MMS

Regedit
    HKLM/Software/Samsung/MMS/Settings/AddressInputMode
    Change from 2 to 0

Get rid of the random device wakeup.

Start | Settings | System | Backlight

Uncheck 'Turn off backlight if device is not used for'
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

to disable threaded SMS add this to your registy:

Quote:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s\OEM\

SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

DWORD

value set to 1

flip it to 0 to reenable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    these 3 regedits will increase battery life.

Quote:Originally Posted by jhalsey205

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\AsyncMac1\Parms]
    Default value type and value are
    “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:1
    Change to
    “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\PPTP1\Parms]
    Change to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\L2TP1\Parms]
    Change to

for more indepth on how they increase battery life:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=89496&postcount=10
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    to fiddle with pocket internet explorer's settings you need regedits- but for opera just go to the address bar- delete the address that's there completely (eg get rid of the http:// part)

then type "opera:" - a list of pages comes up: about, items in memory, CONFIG (nice web page based config editior), history, and plugins (might need to enable navigation mode on mouse to scroll down to the plug ins one.)

*Please back up your registry BEFORE making any changes as a safety precaution. I am not responsible:whistling
  2. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

1) To change the location that the camera saves stuff- first in the camera go into settings and pick card or device. Then in the registry go to HKCU-software-samsung-camera and you can change the picture and video directories for either the device path, card path, or both.

2) You could fiddle further in the registry to change image viewer opens by default (FYI- these registry values seem to be looked or hidden or something- memmaid reg editor wont see the keys- resco explorer’s reg add in does though if you want to go this route):
    Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSPIMG\1
    add your default directory by appending if after pimg.exe with the folling syntax
    so make
    pimg.exe
    in to
    \Windows\pimg.exe -directory: "\Storage Card\foo\foo2".
    The picture and video shortcut from the start menu points to the MSPIMG value so by adding the directory to the value it will always pull open the SINGLE directory you put there.

3) another option which I think is even better then 2 above is to just create your own shortcuts on the start menu- so you can make one that opens your picture directory and one that opens your video directory – basically the start menu contains links = “lnk” files. Seems they are just plain text with the program, path (if needed), icon (if needed) and then prepended by the number of number of characters in the text part.
    So for example:
    80#\Windows\pimg.exe -directory: \Storage Card\Foo\My Videos?\Windows\videos.dll,-0
    Means open the program \windows\pimg.exe and point it at the directory \storage card\foo\my videos and they the? means use the icon found in the videos.dll - 80 is the number of characters following the #.

Plus you can name it anything you want- just give it the .lnk file type
    So I could put the example text in a file called foo video.lnk and then on the start menu there would be an item called “foo video” that opens the foo video location.

The background info is found here
    HOW TO: make 'Pictures and Videos' open in a folder of your choice - WinMo @ MoDaCo
    and
    HOWTO: make 'All Photos' start the photo viewer in your storage card. - WinMo @ MoDaCo
    and
    Secret Tips, Tricks and Other stuff for Windows Mobile users: Understanding Shortcuts on Windows Mobile

one of the guys at modaco was kind enough to make up the videos.dll to hold a movie real icon so you can create a shortcut for videos that opens your video directory and has an icon of a movie real.

Zip file (glomed from the modaco threads) attached has:
    - an example shortcut for pictures and
    - and example shortcut for video
    - the video dll file for the movie real icon

Edit the 2 shortcuts on your pc in a text editor to whatever you want. Remember to fix the number value at the front to fit whatever the length of your “phase” is following the #. Then put them in the windows- start menu-programs directory on your device. Put the videos.dll in your devices windows directory to get that icon to show up if you wanted a video link.

I haven’t found anyway (YET) to change the default “open picture” dialog- like adding a picture to an mms or an email- I though the regedit in 2 would fix that but nope…

*Please back up your registry BEFORE making any changes as a safety precaution. I am not responsible:whistling

http://www.esnips.com/web/samsungsaga
  3. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Found a regedit for turning off data services after the program is done with it. Comes from an omnia, but worked on my Saga.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\

Blank out the "SuspendResume" entry.
    Set "CacheTime" to "60". (60 seconds of inactivity)

still need to kill browser to get it to release, but at least weatherbug and outlook (and others hopefully) release the connection. Should help extend battery life.
  4. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

For those that dont use sktools and remember Zapit! from the old i730 days, I can confirm it works and works well on the Saga. I just mapped it to the short press of the camera button and now my RAM stays nice and clean. It kills programs like a hot knife through butter. I've attached it for everyone's convenience. (note: you'll need the phone plugged into the pc, then run setup)

Attached Files:

5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

this might be of some use... here is a .cab file to auto disconnect your data connections if it is idle for a certain amount of time:

there is one for 1 minute and one for 5 minute disconnects

Attached Files:

6. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Found the reg edit that reduces the notification interval in SPB Phone Suite:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software House\Spb Phone Suite\Notifications\Delay

change Value: to (number of seconds you want in dec.)

20 seconds is the minimum interval it will do. You can enter 1-19 seconds, but it won't blink/sound/vibrate any sooner than in 20-second intervals.
  7. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Shortcut to New SMS Message

If you HOLD the messaging button for a second (or a bit longer maybe) it will take you directly to a NEW SMS compose window.

Just though I would let everyone knew, in case anyone cared!

Jon
  8. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Increasing RING problem - FIXED

I know if you set the RING TYPE to "RING" or "VIBRATE & RING" it still acts as if you set it to "INCREASING RING" and it still starts low and increases... ANNOYING!

Here is the fix:

[HKCU\Control Panel\SoundCategories\Ring\AttenuationCategory] change the value to 1

Now your phone will start out loud and stay loud....

Jon
  9. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Wake phone on SMS/MMS/E-mail

I found this on another site, it was made for the Omnia but it seems to be working on the SAGA as well. I haven't let the phone get into a "deep" sleep, but on initial trial, it does wake the phone to the S2U2 screen.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/...ival-solution/

One thing I noticed, trying to reproduce it now, it seems to break the SPB Phone Suite Notifications. If it wakes the phone for a message, once the phone goes back to sleep, I am not notified via SOUND or LIGHT until I wake the phone back up.

Tweaking with it, but if anyone else wants to jump in, two hands are better then one...

Jon

EDIT: SPB Notifications DOES work.... I just must not have been patient enough
  10. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Finding an Extended Battery

If you are in desperate need of a Extended Battery, and ALL your sources tell you one is not available, try changing "My Location" on Verizon's webpage to a different region and then try ordering one. I live in Peoria Illinois area and told the webpage that I was in Beverly Hill CA... it allowed me to order. Also, use the code "FREEOVERNT" in promo to get free overnight shipping.

here is an excerpt from the thread I originally posted this on:

Good Luck
  11. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Rescoand/or Rexco Registry shows black shading...

To fix this, enable the "STRIPED LIST ITEMS"under customization.

Jon
  12. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

ANNOYING Low Battery Beep - Even in SILENT MODE

I find it VERY annoying that my phone still BEEPS when the battery is low, even when set to VIBRATE or SILENT.

After some searching through my registry, I found where the phone is directing the sound file from:

[HCKU\ControlPanel\Sounds\LowBatteryAlert\Sound]

Now the solution is your choice.... you can rename the file (Phone_Low_batt.wav) to another file or you can do what I did, I put the string value as:

*none*

You may also be able to changed the CATEGORY string, which is currently set to InCall2 to another key that is present in the [HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories]. I assume after some more playing around, you may be able to find a category that will alert you according to the phones Sound Profile that is currently selected.

Now I can continue to use the phone without that annoying beeping while the wife is sleeping.

Jon
  13. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Hard reset the phone:

Hold the mouse button down, press the reset button, keep holding the mouse button down until it resets and prompts you to format the phone.
  14. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Change SoftKeys when on Today Screen

I am finding a lot of the HTC and OMNIA hacks and tweaks are working for the SAGA as well.

This is over at the Modaco forum:
    http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=25264

I have no need for the "PHONE" softkey since all I really have to do is hit the green SEND key, so this has come in real handy.

Place the .cpl file in the \Windows direcory and reboot the phone. You should now have a "Soft Key" icon in the "Settings -> System" folder. Set your softkeys to whatever you desire and the change takes effect immediately.

Enjoy,
    Jon
  15. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

want ur saga to be louder?

install total commander
    go to windows/soundtest.exe
    go into Audio Cal.
    Read each one, i boosted mine to max 24dB on amp1 r&l and 25.5db on amp 2 l&r, hit write. Do that to the amp settings in the Tx box. Then soft reboot. Works fine
  16. DOORZ

DOORZ New Member

Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but what did you use to rename the wav file? If I browse to the folder I can rename folders, but the option to rename the wav file is grayed out.
  17. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

I tried this a while back but didn't recognize a difference. Wonder if I did something wrong? Can you CONFIRM this works?

Jon
  18. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

No stupid question... we are all here to listen, learn and explore. I personally did not rename the .wav file, I just use the *none* setting.

There are a few ways to do this though, one is to rename the .wav file that the phone points to in the registry, or you can actually copy over the original .wav file using Resco Explorer. I don't believe you can just rename the file, because it is a ROM file and Windows will just recreate it.

This help?
  19. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

it definitely sounds louder to me when i play music and movies on my phone

did you crank the db to max?
  20. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

How about ringtones?