Saga specific Registry Hacks

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by larsdennert, Mar 12, 2009.

1. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

That is actually how I figured them out by tracing through the registry. Some of them are better known and used by people already. References should be on msdn but they are tough to find.
  2. MyPhoneIsBlue

MyPhoneIsBlue New Member

Microsoft has a listing for all registry entries, after chasing chasing keys through the registry, you can go there and get actual info on it, tho not phone specific info. Tinkering and a willingness to do hard resets is required.
  3. Mario0590

Mario0590 New Member

Recently purchased a saga and realized that when i go to input the address for a new SMS the Fn-lock is on.Saw that there is a regedit for MMS.But can't find one for the SMS.I used to love this feature on my q9m.Any help?
  4. MyPhoneIsBlue

MyPhoneIsBlue New Member

Nope. Lots of time has been spent, but nobody has come up with a solution (at least not on any of the forums and such I've checked). It's one of those little things you just get used to...
  5. Mario0590

Mario0590 New Member

Ah what a bummer.Iv been looking into the registry myself but there are a lot of things I don't understand.Another thing I would like to change is the optical mouse sensitivity.Im sure Ill be forced to wait a few more months until people are familiar with the device.
  6. MyPhoneIsBlue

MyPhoneIsBlue New Member

There is a setting for the pointer sensitivity. In settings-system-optical mouse. The MMS fix was solved via a registry search. The SMS in not as simple it seems. There's a few of us who spent a deal of time trying to tweak things (mostly the GPS) but the majority of the issues are beyond registry edits. you also tire of hard resets very quickly.
  7. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Wm 6.1 pro specific

using this method i was able to effectively disable all software keyboards from internet browsers. If you're like me and you get tired of the software keyboard always popping up for text entry this is for you

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=news&id=6505
    the icon is still there in ie but if you click on it there is nothing there!
  8. larsdennert

See the first post of this thread for an idea I had. Tell me what you think.
  9. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

I know that will be very helpful for a few people. I just installed it and ran all of them on my Saga. Can you add the ones to disable the keyboards? if i find anymore i will definitely post them here.
    It's funny because earlier today i was thinking about making a mortscript to automatically add phone directory listings to Amazegps but in the end i just installed garminxt. After its initial connect i was finally able to uninstall googlemaps
  10. larsdennert

I can do that but it sounds hazardous. Disabling the phone keypad too and you won't see abc def etc. Also you will have no way of entering symbols not on the keyboard. Is that a problem for you? I'm just trying to explore before I just add as we don't want to leave people stuck somehow.
  11. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

i just havent ran into a situation where i needed the sip's in the browsers.
    I disabled all except the phones keypad, there was like two others in the list that i linked to that we dont have. I think they called em mini qwerty and small qwerty or something
  12. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

did you know that the default opera that is on our phone has TURBO you just have to enable it in the config menu

but why wont it let me enable auto empty in the history section
    *looks like i just had to do a quick find to the auto empty and then check the box. That way it saves
  13. wewantutopia

wewantutopia New Member

where in the settings menu is turbo?
  14. larsdennert

under user prefs but i don't think it does anything. Then again my phone has been flakey on the ev lately
  15. wewantutopia

wewantutopia New Member

Sorry to be such a pain, but I still don't see it. I'm looking in Opera then settings and all i have is start page, display, privacy, connections, and advanced. Where is user preferences?
  16. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

17. LemonRage

LemonRage New Member

Regedit SMS Fn keylock

Do you happen to know where to change the keylock for SMS, I saw the post for MMS, but can't find the one for regular text messaging. Thank you.
  18. pump146

pump146 New Member

i dont think they have found 1 for sms yet
  19. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

It's actually easier then a reg edit... all you have to do is hit the "Fn" key and viala!

j/k... no hack yet that I know of...
  20. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

That really sucks. I will sometimes type out a whole message without realizing that the stupid FN lock is on. I f'ing hate it! pisses me off to no end