Saga Extended Battery and Cover

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by tman065, Mar 12, 2009.

1. DOORZ

DOORZ New Member

Supposedly Verizon has the extended battery back in stock. Just placed an order for one, got a $15 discount and free overnight shipping from Verizon. Will have to wait and see if it actually ships.
  2. h4ppidais

h4ppidais New Member

SAGA Extended battery pictures

Can anyone post a picture of SAGA with extended battery on?
    I want to know if it looks bulky

Please Send it to me! qwerty_trewq@hotmail.com
  3. EQBob

EQBob New Member

It's 1/10th of an inch thicker.
  4. DOORZ

DOORZ New Member

I actually think the phone feels much better in my hand with the extended battery.
  5. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I woulod agree and in fact, I think that's the general consensus of everyone who has the phone with the extended battery. It just "balances out" better.
  6. h4ppidais

h4ppidais New Member

But none of the cases will work with the extended battery right?
    and is there anyway i can extend the battery life without getting this battery?
    cause it costs $50.
    Any advice will help
    such as, turning off bluetooth etc
  7. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

I would have to agree as well. The phone is more balanced in my opinion. Additionally, it really doesn't add that much thickness or weight to it.

I am using a custom Leather Case for mine; I got it on eBay for about $18 total, with shipping.
    Extended battery makes it a little snug... have to play with it for it to line-up, but I find it pretty nice. Only drawback I have is the leather strip that goes across the bottom of the screen above the mouse, it can get in the way at times. I have thought about cutting it out, but haven't done it yet. Kinda got use to it and never gave it another thought until I started typing this response.

Go for it, its worth the $35 (if you find the right deal... just google VZW coupon codes).

Jon
  8. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I've not heard that, so I don't know. I do know the belt holtser works fine with it, as I ordered my extended battery with the phone one Day 1 and the holster and have been using that setup since.

Plenty of threads in this forum (Saga) that have discussed battery life issues and how to extend it. It is however very variable dependin on where you are relative to towers, etc.