Saga Extended Battery and Cover

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by tman065, Mar 12, 2009.

1. tman065

tman065 New Member

2. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Sad that it's only 1800 vs the stock 1300. Doesn't seem like much of a bump. They have a nice holster too.
  3. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I realize that battery life is very dependent on numerous factors, including, but not exclusive to the way you use your phone....and have said so many times out here... but...(yes, finally, there is a point <G>), I see a nice difference in *my* usage between the regular and extened battery.

On a regular day's usage, the regular battery would go the day, but towards the end I'd have to watch it a little just to be sure. The extended battery goes far longer and I never have to worry about it running out. I often end the day in the 60% range.

On a heavier usage day, the regular battery would be giving me warnings about save now, recharge, save the world, etc... The extened battery goes down to 40% or so.

I also find the extended battery and cover to be more ergonomic.

Again, this is simply based on *my* usage and *my* observations. YMMV (considerably).
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I have that holster and love it. Phone faces inward, so no scratching. Extended battery and cover fit perfectly. Rotates enough to get it out of the way of the seat belt latch if needed.

I also have the ABCC770CBA Battery Charging Case and it works well also. I take it with me if I'm away from home and that way I can always have a charged spare battery.
  5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

awww man the holster's out of stock
  6. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I have to say that the battery life has improved now that I have charged it a few times. It might be equal to my Q now.
  7. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

LOL, what the heck???? Not but a few days over 1 week later and NO ONE has the battery. Non of my local stores, non around where I work (which is about 70 miles south of where I live), not VZW website and now Samsung is "out of stck".

Come-on, if these batteries are this hard to find, in my opinion that means there MUST be an issue with the original size the phone is shipped with. Verizon advertises "300" minutes of USAGE or "325" hours STANDBY... I don't know about you guys, but I sure in hell am not seeing that.

If anyone knows of another place I may be able to find this, place chime in!

Jon
  8. tman065

tman065 New Member

Call VZW customer service and see if they can find one on their computer. They were willing to send me the battery and cover for $60 while I was waiting for Samsung to be back in stock. I chose to wait and spent a lot less.

Register your email for Samsung to automatically email you when they are available. That's what I did. Then I jumped on it the same day. Good Luck.
  9. tman065

tman065 New Member

I've had my new battery for about a week now. I gotta say that I'm a lot more comfortable and have stopped watching the power meter.

With the original battery I would consistently get down under 20%. I don't think I've ever drained the extended battery lower than mid-40's...

Much better. :2cool:

EQ Bob is also right: The Saga is easier to hold with the new batt. and cover. Feels a little more hefty as well.
  10. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

I did call Verizon... I called all 4 Local stores in the Peoria IL area (where I live), all the stores in the Springfield IL area (where I work) and I also tried the Authorized Agents in both areas. I called Verizon's Main Customer Service Line as well as tried online. I tried EVERYTHING.... but then I had a brilliant idea.

They kept saying that the "Regional Warehouse" was out of stock. So I went to Verizon's webpage and tried setting Chicago, Peoria, Bloomington, Springfield and St. Louis as "My Location". Each time after changing locations, I would then go to the Saga Accessories and see if the battery was available -- each time it was "out of stock".

Then, for some stupid reason, I decided to try CA... so I put in 90210 – BINGO, they were available!!! I was able to place the order and also still received my 25% employee discount and Free Overnight Shipping.

My total, with taxes: $40.50

I will have to wait till tomorrow and see if they will actually PROCESS the order, but at least I am further then I have been.

LOL, now thats "cheating" the system!!!

Jon
  11. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nahhh, I would call that WORKING the system. Good job.
  12. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

HOT DAMN!!!!!

SHIPPED, free overnight from Ontario CA.... lol
    if I can figure this out and find a battery, why the heck couldn't Verizon do this for me and save me the headache?

Jon
  13. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

Excellent suggestion! I just took your advice and stepped it up a notch. First tried my local Iowa zipcode and sure enough...not in stock. Then tried the zip of my home in AZ and bingo. In stock. Then I turned to my friend Google to search for promo codes. Bingo again. 30% off with the free shipping plus tax gave me a total of $37.44! Not too shabby eh? :tounge:
    I won't give out the promo code here. I don't want to ruin it for everyone else, but finding it was easy. Let's just say couponalbum.c*m was a good find.

happy shopping...

Now...can anyone tell me about the little travel charger thing from Samsung? Does it only work with the original battery or will it take the extended bat too? At $9.99 it might be a nice addition. I need a way to charge an extra battery outside of the phone.
  14. EQBob

EQBob New Member

It works just fine with the extended battery. This is the little case looking little thingy, right? I have it and it works great...both regular and extended.
  15. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

Great. I just ordered one from Samsung. 50% off at $9.99. Also picked up 2 stereo ear plugs at 50% off.... $9.99 each. Love the free shipping too. Thanks again. I should be in good shape for a while.

BTW...does the battery cover come off easier with use? Mines a sob right now. Hopefully it'll loosen up a little.
  16. EQBob

EQBob New Member

No...it doesn't. Why would you want it to? <G> Wouldn't you want it toi be nice and secure?:tounge:
  17. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

Yeah, secure is one thing but I damn near have to murder the thing to get the cover off. Seriously, it feels like I'm going to break the screen.
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Maybe you got a different fit than I did then. Mine is snug and tight and in no danger of ever falling off, but ...

If I turn it around so that's the Verizon logo is readable and the phone is pointed right side up, clasp it with both hands and use both thumbs to push down on that horizontal line above the verizon logo on the cover, it'll pop right off and slide down.
  19. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

SHOW-OFF!!!!

Can't I just have my 5 minutes of fame ONCE!!!!
    lol, JK... its funny you said that, because I thought of that just after I placed the order...

Ohh well, a couple of bucks isn't that big of a deal, at lease we were able to "WORK" the system and find a battery.

Jon
  20. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

lol................