Saga Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by ScottQ9c, May 6, 2009.

1. ScottQ9c

ScottQ9c New Member

Saga Bluetooth

I'm a current Motorola Q9c user. While I generally like the phone, one thing that tends to drive me a little crazy is what I perceive to be flaky Bluetooth. It seems I have to re-pair the phone at least once a month with my Parrot CK3100 hands-free device, as well as with other Bluetooth items.

So, I'm considering a Saga. Can anyone give me their impressions of the Saga, with emphasis on its Bluetooth functionality?

Thoughts and comments would be appreciated!

Thanks.
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

The bluetooths pairing capablitity is great, i've had it now for about a month and have never had a problem with the bluetooth. I've sat outside on my porch down by the beach with my phone inside and had no problem listening to the music playing on my phone through the bluetooth headset, also my bluetooth in the car automatically kicks in when getting into the car if i have it on, only problem with bluetooth that will affect any phone is it hits the battery power a little bit when its powered on. Other than that the bluetooth on the saga is great.
  3. ScottQ9c

ScottQ9c New Member

Dragonfly: Have you had an issues with the Bluetooth not working, and having to re-pair? As I said, it seems I have to do that about once a month with the Q9c.

Thanks for your comments!
  4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

As stated previously I've only had the phone for about a month now but I have never had any problems with the bluetooth disconnecting or anything from any other bluetooth devices unless my battery dies or i dont turn on the bluetooth on the phone ;)
  5. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I've had my Saga since December and I got my BT earpiece a few months ago. I do not use it every day. It sits in my truck and when I need it or remember to put it in my ear, I turn it on (the ear piece). I have gone a week or more without using it. Every time I turn it on, it pairs. I have never had to redo the pairing.

There are a number of older threads that provide significant detail on the Saga. Suffice it to say I'm quite pleased with mine and have been happier with it than any other phone I've ever had. If you have any specific questions, I'm sure any of us would be happy to answer.

As you may well know from being around the forums, many like the Q9n. There are certainly strong opinions, valid on both sides, as to how that phone (or any phone for that matter) suits an individual and their needs. Potentially more issues with that phone as far as procurement, activation, replacement if needed, extended batterieis, etc.
  6. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I hate to say it but it may be your earpiece and not the Q9C. I've had numerous earpieces with the Q1 and Q9 and things worked as expected. Early Q1 firmware did have BT issues. Some ears pieces connect faster from standby than others when you answer. The newsest Moto noise cancelling unit turns ON and connects instantly with the Q9. From standby it's obviously fast too. I've only used one older unit with my Saga briefly until it died from heat stroke in the car.

There were some Jabra units that had issues. Try googling.