RTN Reset

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Dukeboy0169, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Dukeboy0169

Dukeboy0169 New Member

RTN Reset

Hello all,

I know how to do a master reset. By the way for those of you that dont know, theres another way which probably does the exact same thing as if you choose "Master Reset" in settings but its pretty cool.

All you do is, with the phone off, hold in the center button and turn the phone on while continuing to hold in the center button. Just thought I'd share for those of you that didnt know.

My question is, does anyone remember how to do the RTN reset on the 9c? I know theres ##3282# but Im not sure what thats for. When I was getting my phone all set up with Sprint, they had me type something else that began with ## and ended with #. It was something like ##741541#. Anyone know what Im talking about? I think thats the proper way to do the RTN reset.

Experts please advise... :)
    LJ
  2. timber

timber Member

##RTN#, SEND is exactly what you do to master reset your phone completely and clear your phone number from your Q9C.

You need to know your MSL, MDN, and MSID though to re-program your phone after doing ##RTN#.

When your phone reboots you will enter ##MSL#, SEND to start the programming process. The number that Sprint had you enter is your MSL.

If you don't understand what I'm saying I wouldn't try it though.
  3. Dukeboy0169

Dukeboy0169 New Member

Yes I understand. Okay so what if I only do the Master reset and not the RTN reset? What will I need to make sure I have? Just the MSID and my phone number or do I need anything else?

What info. will remain on my phone after doing a master reset?

4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

after a master reset your phone will be like when you picked it up from the store.
  5. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

CAREFUL with RTN Reset!

Be careful! RTN reset will set your phone as "refurbished" if it's like most other devices (including data cards). Not good at resale time.

Todd/Indy
  6. timber

timber Member

RTN didn't do that on my Mogul or my Touch.....I don't think it did it on the old Q either....Q9C, I dunno....whats the ## code to check?
  7. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

Sure did on a U727 data card in my case last week. It's not the sort of thing I want to test ;)

Anyone know the ## code to check a Q9m or Q9c? I don't...

Todd/Indy
  8. restart06

restart06 New Member

How about hard reset?
    Could you let me know how to do it if you also know about it?
    What's the difference between hard and master reset?
    Thanks in advance,
  9. timber

timber Member

Alright, the Q9C does set the refurbishment status to yes if you do a ##RTN#....which seems stupid since Sprint themselves had me do it to reset my phone after I got it. It didn't do that on the HTC Touch I had, but oh well.....I don't think its that big of a deal, even at resell.....only really savvy people know how to access it.