RSS Feed Reader for WM6 (Q9m)

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by evomac, Nov 27, 2007.

1. evomac

evomac New Member

RSS Feed Reader for WM6 (Q9m)

As the title states, I am looking for recommendations for a solid RSS Feed reader for WM6. My Moto Q (Black) Black Screen of Death'ed on me over the weekend and Verizon set me up with a Q9m as a replacement.

I have used NewsBreak since I had the regular Q without any problems. As a matter of fact I'd say it is by far my favorite Smartphone app I have used / purchased. However since I have the Q9m and WM6, the application is VERY buggy. A lot of my feeds won't update for some reason. It says "An error occured while updating. The cause could not be determined". A example of this is any of the lifehacker feeds. Along with feeds not updating, it is crashing quite frequently. I have had to power off / remove the battery a couple of times while using it.

Having said that I think it's time for me to find a new RSS application. I use the app almost as much as I use the messaging service so it doesn't matter if it is freeware or something that I would need to purchase. I just want it to work reliably and have a nice clean layout for reading the feeds.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards in advance,
    -Evomac-
  2. Ilium Software

Ilium Software New Member

Sorry you're having trouble! The "buggy" experience you're talking about isn't something we've been hearing from our other users. In fact it typically works very well. Have you tried contacting our tech support folks? There is a good chance they could figure out why you're having trouble.

One simple thing is to make sure you are using the very latest version of the software. I assume you are but that's something to double check. (2.1)

Again though, the best thing to do is contact technical support ( support@iliumsoft.com.) Kevin is our resident NewsBreak guru. You could send the email to his attention.

Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    --------------------
    marc@iliumsoft.com
    +1 (734) 973-9388
    ---------------------
    http://www.iliumsoft.com
    And be sure check out our blog! http://blog.iliumsoft.com/
  3. Paul G

Paul G New Member

No Bugs Here...

....love it on my Q9m...works very well
  4. MattB

MattB New Member

I use google reader for mine.
  5. evomac

evomac New Member

Do they have a local download version of google reader for Smartphones? Not really all that into relying on a active connection to view news.
  6. gmardre

gmardre New Member

I use Google also...