ROM Update for Q9M at Motorola's Website?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by motorolaq27, Apr 13, 2010.

1. motorolaq27

motorolaq27 New Member

ROM Update for Q9M at Motorola's Website?

i searched motorola's website for a rom update and i downloaded this file off of it, (MSU_Q9m_Standalone_Update.exe). the website does not give any info about this update. has anybody tried to install this rom update?
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

it's most likely a MOL update. the Q9m was never officially updated to 6.1
  3. motorolaq27

motorolaq27 New Member

whats "MOL"? well, i guess ill give it a try and let you all know what the difference is. not that it really matters since everyone is updating to 6.1. i'll be updating to 6.1 as well but i want to see what the differences are. thanks.
  4. manbat

manbat Active Member

The last MOL gave the option to save bluetooth files to SD card and a few oher things....if I remember right..
  5. txter

txter New Member

updating to 6.1 ? its time to update to 6.5 and hold our breath for wp7
  6. motorolaq27

motorolaq27 New Member

we can update our q9m to 6.5? i thought the highest it could go was up to 6.1. unless you mean upgrade to 6.5 in general. anyways, yeah, the last update package wich i tried to use is so old, it doesnt even recognize my q9m, unless theres something wrong with the software it self. anyways, im about to try to follow the steps on the "6.1 rom update how to" on the 5 star thread i see in this forum.
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

the Motorola software update program won't show that the q9m has an update available because they're all out of warranty. but that thread will get it done for you
  8. motorolaq27

motorolaq27 New Member

thnks for the info. i probably got an update coz i put that my phone was still under warranty. i put i purchased it on dec 09 :p. anyways, i just finished updating my phone to 6.1, SWEEEEET!!!