ROM issues - can we prevent?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by MyPhoneIsBlue, Jun 27, 2009.

1. MyPhoneIsBlue

MyPhoneIsBlue New Member

ROM issues - can we prevent?

In an effort to combine some of the horror stories and possible issues, perhaps we should start collecting some data, tips, etc.

Personally the rom update has been great for me. Phone is faster, more responsive, opera is blazingly fast, no connection issues, effortless upgrade. Now i hacked and tweaked this phone as much as anyone else, so why are fully capable people ending up with huge issues? I'm not holding my breath for Verizon to have any input, perhaps we can find something.

If you've had update issues, and have any thoughts as to why/potential causes, list them here. It may be as simple as a bad download mirror, or some certain programs that if running will screw up the upgrade.

Personally, i make sure NOTHING is running, and that all phone functions are off. Close ALL running programs on your desktop that you possibly can. Turn off antivirus, firewalls, internet connection. Make sure your computer is up to date and has current drivers.

Maybe nothing will help, perhaps it's a fatal flaw in the upgrade process. Personally i think it's a combination of other factors and unforseen conflicts. You can be sure this wasn't tested on people's home computers - more likely networked corporate clone machines with little variance in software.
  2. blut0

blut0 New Member

I found that I had to hard reset my phone a couple of times after the upgrade before it was stable... Installed programs were unable to start because the OS was complaining they were unsigned. After a few swift kicks in the pants it's been running great.