Ringtone Software Question

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by windhorst3187, Apr 28, 2008.

1. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh New Member

I missed the part about wanting to edit right on the mobile. I will do some poking around when I get home...the firewall at work limits me from visiting most "freeware" websites. :tounge:
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

@ sherri.... do you use (like me) Winamp on the pc ? if so check the file information and see if you can find a difference..

(coincidentally i was adding some new (old) tracks to my iPod and there is an option in iTunes that reads "Create ringtone", pushed it for shit's and giggles and most tracks it reported back that it has to be a track i purchased from the iTunes store (on top of that after you create a ring-tone you have to pay :}
  3. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

@ rudeboy ive been using vito ringtone editor for 6 months now and it works great ive always recomended this t other Q users but u guys always seem to use audacity.... just wanted to say how great the app is and how easy it is to use
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

@ bobby-n: have you read about sherri's issue ?
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

Winamp???

Since I have no idea what it is, I guess I don't use it. I have Windows XP on the home computer. Most of the music that was put on the computer from cd opens in Windows Media. The downloaded music goes to both Windows Media and to Real Player, but if it is in the .flv format, I used Super c to convert it first to MP3. Then it is stored to Windows Media, and downloaded to my phone via Active Synch.

The downloaded songs show up in Vito ringtones, but the cd's don't. They all show up in my storage card folder for music. Each artist has it's own folder. I can't figure out the difference....

Itunes is great FOR IPODS ONLY! My daughter has an Ipod, and she buys alot of music from their site. I don't like the fact that when she buys the music, she should be able to do what she wants with it. I refuse to let her use Limewire, which all her friends use. If she takes her "bought" music and burns it to a cd, then I can put it on my phone, and it can also be put on my other daughters Ipod. I can't believe they would charge you to make a ring tone from music you already own!

If you figure out the Vito thing, let me know. It has the potential to be great, since it is so easy...
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

can you perhaps email me 1 song that does work, and one that does not ?
  7. sherri

sherri Active Member

Thank you!

As soon as I get home. Do I send it in a pm? Maybe my daughter will figure out how to send the song...
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i replied to your pm....

potQ.
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

I sent you the songs..

Just wondering if I did this correctly. Let me know when/if you get them.
  10. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

keep me updated
  11. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Yes I realize that, I can read. But I was pointing the program because often, people give up on the PC versions because Audacity (or other similar programs) are quite tough to use if you're not used to seeing a song in a mapped wave format. It seems from her post that she gave up and moved to the phone because she found the programs on the PC to be complex. The program I recommended is much easier to use than Audacity, just a bar that moves along like in Winamp or WMP, and you hit a button to start a clip, and another to end it. Then another button to make it an mp3. Very simple. I'm pretty sure thats what Vito Ringtone maker does, but since its on the PC, obviously the program is faster and quicker to load an mp3, and wouldn't have any of those problems where the song isn't recognized....
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

got 'em and just replied...
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

RB is a GENIUS!!!

Just in case anyone was doubting this fact, let me tell you that RB figured out why not all songs showed up! All of my cd's transferred to the phone beautifully, but in .wma format. I never had a problem, because the phone plays them beautifully.

I was able to make ringtones using Audacity/Ringtone Ripper and a few others mentioned here. There is actually a tutorial for Audacity that I googled, and it states that certain steps (exact starting position/ending position) are "trial and error". I did use it, but in my very humble opinion, it is not easy!

Bobby-n- kept talking about Vito Ringtone Editor. As the original OP of this post was looking for, this downloads directly to the phone, and edits your music ON THE PHONE! NOTHING could be easier, at least for me, who is too scared to try anything on this phone without asking the brilliant RB for his advice!

Ringtone editor need 2 clicks: where to start and where to end.

The problem I had was that not all of my songs showed up. The ones directly from my owned cd's didn't, but ones I downloaded from the internet did. Once RB suggested that I convert the cd's from wma format to mp3 format...well, I told you he is a genius!

I originally tried the 14 day trial of the Vito ringtone editor, but for $7.00, this is one I am definitely buying. Actually, it is the only software I have bought for the phone!

Thank you SOOOO much, RB, for all your help!:laugh2:
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no problem sherri... glad i could help.
  15. JamesRid

JamesRid New Member

I have read the threads here about making ringtones. The question I have is that all I seen on these threads is for on the phone. What I would like to know is there any of these that will work on the Computer (XP OS); because I have 2 RAZR V3M that I also use and would like to have the ringtones no them the same that I have on the Q9M.
    thank youUnsure