Ringtone Software Question

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by windhorst3187, Apr 28, 2008.

1. windhorst3187

windhorst3187 New Member

Ringtone Software Question

Is there an application that you can run on the Q to clip your MP3s and save them in your sounds folder?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yup... search ('cuz i forgot the name :}
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

4. sly925

sly925 New Member

Ringtone Ripper or Audacity - both free - I googled them - both are great
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

the OP asked for something ON the Q....
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

@ sherri, you use(d) Vito Ringtone Editor ?

potQ.
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

Yes, I used it yesterday. Why?
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

just wondering for my curiosity how well it works.... for example does it load the entire mp3 in memory ?

potQ.
  10. sherri

sherri Active Member

I was just playing around with it a few minutes ago. It does not pick up all the mp3 songs I have on the phone. I have no idea why, since they are all stored on my memory card. I was looking through music in folders, as well as the root areas. Some show & others don't. I can't figure out why. Also, when I pulled up the program originally, there was no price listed. I think the version I have will require an activation after 14 days. It is a very simple program to use, and I would pay for it, but not if it can't find all my songs.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i might check it out tomorrow, just to see how it works. odd that it does not detects all .mp3's... contact the developer.

potQ.
  12. sherri

sherri Active Member

For $7.00, I may buy it anyway. MUCH easier (for me, anyway) than Audacity. When I get PC time, I will try contacting the developer. If you try it, let me know if you can get all your music.
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

Just as a follow up...all of my music that was "downloaded" from aol music shows up in the ringtone editor. Music that I put on the phone from cd's do not. Does this make any sense?
  14. mexiken

mexiken New Member

No, it should pick up all of them. Thats a software glitch.

If you find Audacity to be too much of a problem, I would recommend what I use, Power Mp3 Cutter before you give up on the PC. It comes bundled with a Classic and a Professional version. They're both free (I have the shareware version which limits you to 30 secs, but who cares). The Classic button is SO SIMPLE to use, its not even funny.

Also, I would recommend my mymp3 if you have XP. It doesn't play nice with Vista. But its free, and lets you adjust the level of the recording, so you can maximize the sound of the file. I wish I could still use it =..(

You can find both by doing a search on download.com.
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

fyi: she's doing it ON the Q....

potQ.

ps. are the AOL d/led files read only ?
  16. sherri

sherri Active Member

I just checked. None of them are read only.
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

they may be protected in a way like iTunes protect downloaded files ?
  18. sherri

sherri Active Member

How could I tell? The properties don't show them as protected. The songs d/ld from my store bought cd's work fine on wmp & tcpmp. They get stored in individual folders with album art and artists name. When I update library, they get stored this way also. "Click" on album, all songs start playing in order. On d/ld songs, I have to make new folders, usually by artist. All Queen songs went in one AC/DC went in another,etc. When I go to wmp to play songs, they all show up in their folder. ( I am having a hard time putting some songs in folders, for example...on my storage card, under music, I can find folders for all. 1 cd is Bowling for Soups "A hangover you don't deserve" Call this folder Bowling for soup 1) I have another cd from them that I d/ld from aol.music. On my storage card, in music, I have a file called Bowling for soup 2. All the songs from this album show up. However, in windows media player, this folder does not show up as a separate folder. Songs get put into a folder of "unknown" artists. For some reason, when I go to Vito Ringtone Editor, I can open storage card, search for music. Both Bowling for Soup's albums appear (#1 & #2). If I click on #1, no songs show up (this is a cd I bought, so I have the physical disc...)If I click on Bowling for Soup #2 (The Great Burrito Extortion Case) which I d/ld, all the music shows up to be able to make a ringtone. Very odd. Any help would be appreaciated.
  19. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh New Member

Sheri, try MPTrim (http://www.mptrim.com/). It is a free program that allows you to trim MP3's less than 10MB. You can tell it how much time to remove from the beginning and the end of the track, and you can then remove frames to get an exact start/finish point. It also lets you increase/decrease the volume before saving the shortened file. I have been using it for 4 years, and it has always worked great for me.

HTH

:2cool:
  20. sherri

sherri Active Member

MP3 Trim

Thanks, Jeremy. I'll try this when I get PC time. The OP who started this thread was looking for a way to do this on the phone, withot needing a PC. Vito Ringtone Editor is super easy (for technophobes like myself who constantly wonder why my phone is smarter than I am...). I am just having a problem having Vito find all my songs. It finds the downloaded ones, but not ones that were put on by disc.

I probably have something set up in the wrong folders, so I'll have to play more later.