Right Menu Software

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by n99hockey, Jun 23, 2007.

1. manbat

manbat Active Member

Handango

=================================================
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I live in Fort Worth and I drive past their headquarters everyday. I got a little frustrated trying to buy Sprite backup for my Q9m from them. Their site says it doesn't work. After a few emails back and forth I went by their headquarters. No satisfaction... I just asked them.."Why do you say it won't work, when it will." I sent and email to Sprite..told them that Handango says their fine product will not work on a Q9m........Guess what...Sprite thanked me for telling them and gave me Sprite Backup for FREE!!!! Glad I sent that e-mail.
  2. jb0615

jb0615 New Member

Handango was nice and refunded my money. So I went to http://www.mycnknow.com/ and purchased Right Menu there using PayPal. I have yet to receive my registration code.

Manbat, do you (or anyone) have an e-mail address of someone at that site who I can contact to get the registration code? My trial period is running out, and I love the program and don't want to be without it.

Thanks,
    jb0615
  3. manbat

manbat Active Member

Email

=================================================
    I believe I got a response after I emailed mycnknow using the link at "Click Apps" I don't remember for sure.....I was e-mailed a link to download a full version from mycnknow's web site. I got that email the last day of my "trial" period. I'll spend some time looking tomorrow and get back to you. I just got off and have to be back to work early in the morning. I need to spend some time restoring the files in my Q9m. It crashed hard yesterday. My last Sprite backup didn't have all of my files....so I'm having to do it manually from other saved files.
  4. jb0615

jb0615 New Member

Thanks, Manbat, I really appreciate it. But make sure you take care of your backups first. I think Sprite Backup is one thing I'd better invest in. Just don't know if I should get the full version or the lite version.
    jb0615
  5. jb0615

jb0615 New Member

Lo and behold I get home from work tonight and I have an e-mail from Jianfeng Zou with what I needed to do to get my registered version. I had to go to their website and download and install their registered version over what I had installed. Aside from my being tired and jazzing it up a bit, everything works fine and it's mine!

Thanks, Manbat, for your help!
    jb0615
  6. manbat

manbat Active Member

Lite just backsup to the SD Card

===========================================
    Lite just backs up to the SD Card...Something a little scary about that. Even with the back up files for Sprite in my computer...after the "crash" and the "Master Reset" and restore I'm still having to redo all my hacks etc. In some cases... the files were restored but the "Shorts Cuts" were not. Sprite still helped alot though. I should have the Q9m back to it's Pre-Crash state tomorrow. The crash did give me a chance to re-evaluate some of the Apps I had installed....I didn't reinstall some that I haven't used in months. I did leave the CABs in the SD Card...should I choose to install later. Glad the e-mail came . It's a GREAT APP.
  7. jb0615

jb0615 New Member

Wow, after reading this, I definitely think it's a good idea for me to invest the extra $10. and buy the full blown version of Sprite Backup. Glad you got most things back up and running. I guess it's always a good time to clean house when that happens..........not a fun thing, but a good thing. Thanks again for all your help!
    jb0615
  8. jb0615

jb0615 New Member

Heck, I thought of this as I was hitting the send button.....

Is there a way to pull an entire folder to the left or right menu? I would love to put my game folder just as is on my left menu so that it opens up with all my games in it. So far the only way I saw I could do it was to name a popup 'Games' and then add all the shortcuts. That takes forever.

jb0615
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Bat...in sprites restore settings do a replace instead of merge and your shortcuts will be ok...and anything else that seemed weird! It resets itself everytime to "merge" as default everytime for some goofy reason....
  10. manbat

manbat Active Member

First time RESTORE

======================================================

This was the first time I'd ever done the "restore" .. I do regular saves. I was tired and a "LITTLE" mad after it crashed. Did it with out checking instructions. Is there Tutorial somewhere? I'm just about done with my manual edits. It might help me next time.
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

just the vague stuff on their site! After I did a sprite version upgrade a couple months back something changed in their restore settings and that kept happening to me too! Trial and error found that for me! At least with a backup you can trial restore settings all day long!! I set it for ..check for corrupt registry and replace..and all is good! I've done delete all files too and replace and its good.

and as far as the extra $10 from lite if ya copy the backup to yur pc you can save the money...just a bit more work than the auto!
  12. BigTK

BigTK New Member

Is there a way to skin the scroll bars? I have one popup that I would like to have 10 or so shortcuts in but the scroll bars are harsh against the menu colors I am using.:(
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it might use the color scheme of the hs for scroll bar color ?
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

dankjewel dude...

(were you absent this morning ?)
  16. BigTK

BigTK New Member

Thanks, it been a while, I don't recall seeing that option. I'll have another look.:frown:
  17. n99hockey

did it on mine...
    so i know you can

note: open the preexisting skins that came with right menu and look how that works...i remember having to do that too
  18. BigTK

BigTK New Member

I don't see it? Could you point to it? I haven't looked at the stock skins yet so if you want to ignore my post until then...

[​IMG]
  19. n99hockey

i dont recall how i did it...
    i looked in my folder and i just have an image file and the .cfg file

and it looks like this

Attached Files:

20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

[OT]
    funny.. you're like me, still have the voice mail counter that does not work :}
    [/OT]