Right Menu Software

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by n99hockey, Jun 23, 2007.

1. sulster

sulster Active Member

Ugh. Yeah, I'd rather be able to (for example) double-click the L key and go to the Old Start Menu for esoteric apps I infrequently use.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea
    i think it took me like an hr to setup orignally
    but i love it now that its all like a normal start menu of a PPC/PC
  3. sulster

sulster Active Member

Did you just not do the ones you don't use? I mean, that's A LOT of .lnks to import and it defaults to the root directory and won't just stay in the Start Menu so every doggone time you have to endure that wait for /Windows to open... (excuse the bad mood. It's Tax Day)

RB, will your teaser program be able to do what I want? If so, I'll wait...
  4. n99hockey

um...haha i had some free time so i did them ALL!
    made folders and folders in folders its pretty organized if i do say so myself:tounge:(which i do)

and yea the old version did default to the start menu folder (which is when i did the original setup) but the new one does not...which sucks!
    but once you do the first major one you just have to add any .lnk files to where you want it so its not horrible
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no... the "teaser" app will not automagicly import all .lnk's.
  6. sulster

sulster Active Member

sorry- i meant will it let me get to the original Start button functionality. i have like 5 lnks on R side & 5 on L side and that's abt all i want. i don't want elaborate folder system. (no offense scott) so i'd like to be able to get to thse 10 or so apps using the L/R keys and then somhow get to good old start menu for the rest.. make any sense?
  7. n99hockey

none taken :)

-Sent from my Q
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

as far as i looked into it it ONLY does the right button...
  9. wa0qbu

wa0qbu New Member

General Queston

I am new to forum and the Q.

I purchased Right Menue and like it a lot but I can not get a keycode for it. Trial has expired. I have sent email to supplier as well as creator no luck.

Any one else have problem?
  10. n99hockey

yea that seems to be the problem recently....i think sulster here had a big problem with that but finally got her code.
    perhaps she can chime in and tell us her secret
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

aaand welcome aboard.
  12. sulster

sulster Active Member

Hi and welcome!

It sure did take a long time for me to get a response. After using my never-revealed top secret <pokes Scott>, I received a code from this email address:

webmaster@joinms.com

I also had another email apologizing for the delay that IIRC indicated s/he never checks the email I Paypal'ed. Or something like that.

Good luck!
  13. wa0qbu

wa0qbu New Member

Thanks All

Thanks all for help at least I know I have a chance.. I am persistance
  14. jb0615

jb0615 New Member

OK, I hope this is the place to post this. :)

I purchased Right Menu from Handango. I got version 19712 which Handango said would not work with my device. However, everything I read here says it should work. In addition, the activation code I received was a single alpha character, and I noticed that only numbers work in registering this product. Therefore, I seem to have wasted my money because I can't use the registration code I received. I tried to go to their website 'mycnknow.com' and the link is not working. I know $12.95 won't break the bank, but does anyone have any idea what I can do about this mess??
  15. manbat

manbat Active Member

Registration

==========================================================
    When I got mine...from Handango...the Contact link to the site didn't work.( I went to Click Apps theirs worked) You are right about Handango...They always say things will not work...MOST DO. After I contacted them through the Click App, I got a responce. Did you get an activation code from Jianfeng Zou ? You will receive an e-mail with an explanation. You have to go to a linked site....enter your e-mail address and then the password from the same e-mail. You can then download a full register version.
  16. jb0615

jb0615 New Member

You know what I noticed after I downloaded Right Menu from Handango? It says it is Right Menu Pocket PC version 1.97.12. But the description said it worked with Smartphone. Are there two versions? Did I get the wrong one??

Who is "Jianfeng Zou"? I have gotten no e-mails from anyone except Handango with the goofy "a" for a registration code. Sheesh. If I hadn't gotten 25% off my order I'd say it wasn't worth it at all. I'm hoping the e-mails I sent to Handango will help in some way.

Funny, their site was down all day and now it's up. I will look for help there also.

Thanks,
    jb0615
  17. manbat

manbat Active Member

If it says Pocket PC it's wrong

====================================================

I'm guessing it's the wrong version. Need Smartphone version. J. Zou has answered all the e-mails I have sent inquirers to the Right Menu site, not Handango.
  18. jb0615

jb0615 New Member

Well maybe Handango was right then. But the description said it worked with Smartphone. They'd better watch how they represent stuff on that site.

The Right Menu website is up, but it is not loading right and I have been waiting forever to get anything when I click on their e-mail link. I will download the right version there and hopefully they will work with me and get me the registration code I need.

Thanks, Manbbat for your help.
    jb0615
  19. manbat

manbat Active Member

========================================================
    I went back and checked my e-mail records hoping I could find something that would help you find the SmartPhone Version on Handango's site. All my Comfirm e-mail says is Right Menu Smartphone Version. Handango makes it hard to find some programs that are proven to work on all"Q phones". They list some as working with certain models and say they will not work with others. I usually just change to a different Q model to locate what I'm looking for. I have a Q9m and I think some of the problem is that Verizon doesn't want some programs sold for it!! The Right menu site is up I just left it. Try sending them a coment about your mistake w/ Handango. I have talked with them many times (about Handango saying there program will NOT work with the Q9m)...they might help you out. Good Luck,
  20. jb0615

jb0615 New Member

Thanks, Manbat! I had the darndest time getting anywhere on Right Menu's website tonight. It took forever to load any of their pages. Finally I was able to download the 'right' Right Menu software, and I sent them an e-mail to them explaining what happened. I'm hoping they can do something for me, since I know Handango probably won't.

I'm no stranger to Handango, but it's been over a year since I ordered anything from their site. I used to order from them all the time for software for my Dell Axim. I still have that and use it, but it serves an entirely different purpose. It was so much easier before all the different smartphones came on the scene to muddy the waters at Handango, so to say. I had to laugh at your comment about switching the name of the device to see if you could get the software you wanted. I was doing that for a bit, and quickly found out that I could spend hours there doing just that!

Wish me lots of luck here ~ I need it!!
    Thanks,
    jb0615