Right Menu Software

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by n99hockey, Jun 23, 2007.

1. manbat

manbat Active Member

I have v1.97 also

=========================================
    I have v1.97 also.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that is the latest..

potQ9c
  3. George Knighton

George Knighton New Member

Well, I'd love to, but I don't know how.

When we were modifying the Synergy devices, things were more clear cut. I do not see any Windows Mobile application that is the equivalent of Voice Message, and I don't know what script to write that would open an MMS and have it set to record a new message.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

you mean voice notes?
    maybe im not understanding your ultimate goal

-Sent from my Q9c
  5. BigTK

BigTK New Member

I have v1.97 as well. I have updated once at a hard reset of my Q. The developer gave my a link to download the program x number of times as needed.

Does anyone know the role of the batch editor in RightMenu?? Please.Unsure
  6. BigTK

BigTK New Member

OK, I could not wait forever for someone to tell me about the batch command feature so I figured it out for myself.:tounge: This is going to help George out...I think.
    Open the right menu editor, go to edit/other/batch editor/edit/new batch command/edit/insert/run, navigate to the .ink for your voice notes, press ok. You should be back at the batch command screen.
    Next string ...edit/insert/sleep/500ms(I tried 500ms and it was enough of a pause for the program to start)/ok. we're back to batch command screen. Edit/insert/press key/down on d pad/center d pad/(you will be prompted to "press a key") left soft key (the command for new voice note)/ ok/save/ok. This should put you back to the main RM editor screen.
    Now you will find your .btr in the right menu/toolkit folder. It can be added like any other shortcut and launch a new voice with one click from right menu.
    I haven't figured out the icon yet. Mine is the clipboard icon.

Sorry for the long winded convoluted post, it's late. If you already knew this ...why didn't you tell me??:embarassed: hope this helps.

T.
  7. George Knighton

I don't want to open a screen that is Voice Notes. I want to open a screen that is Voice Message.

On the Synergy devices (the V9, the Z9, and others) you can configure the Right Softkey so that a single push opens up an MMS message with the recorder all set to go. After you record, the screen goes back to the MMS and you just have to pick your recipient and send it.

On the Windows Mobile device, it looks like there is simply no equivalent feature. You have to record a Voice Note, save it, then navigate to Messaging, pick New MMS, navigate to the recording you saved, find it and attach it, then pick your recipient.

This is the first thing I have found so far that the Q9 does *not* seem to do better than the V9 and Z9. :)

It seems there is simply no way to write a batch or script using Right Menu that will do what I want, because the Windows Mobile equivalent of New Voice Message does not exist!
  8. Be gentle, it's my birthday.
    I may {gasp} try stk v.8 again.
  9. George Knighton

I just unloaded my 2GB V8 LE at a ridiculously low price. Incredibly good radio, and I don't think anybody can be faulted for making that choice if it's what you need, namely incredibly easy portability with a very good radio.

Happy birthday.
  10. BigTK

BigTK New Member

I think Tony BoD is referring to Smart Toolkit v.RC8
  11. yes I was.
  12. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I just tried this and so far I like it.
    One thing. I have the left and right menus on delays.
    The right brings up contacts, calender & task. That works correct.
    The left menu is being difficult, With the delay if I hold it, 1/4 second, it brings up the left menu.
    A short press brings up the MRU, I can choose a program on the MRU or press the left button again to bring up the left menu.
    Now, I'd like to have access to the "all program" menu and just use the left menu for programs I use often.
    Taking the check out of the "use recent programs" bypasses the default menu all together and brings up the left menu right away.

I'm on page 7 of this thread so I haven't found the answer if it's in here yet.
  13. n99hockey

why bother with the left menu at all if thats the case
    never really played with the delays as i made my own start menu....
    i would suggest either making your left key your start menu or add your left key items to your right key and left your start menu your start menu
  14. L0c0

L0c0 New Member

is anyone using rightmenu with sliding panels wm6.1? I am still using stk v8 and would like to move over to rightmenu but it won't work for me w/sliding panels.
  15. n99hockey

i think you can only use it on your left softkey with the sliding panels
  16. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

You can use both buttons with the sliding panels.

I'm working towards organizing all the shortcuts into the left menu.
    I might also try making a shortcut to the start menu folder for those realy obscure programs
  17. n99hockey

right but it changes when the panels change so it technically only works on 1...doesnt it?
  18. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Hence the delay I have.

A quick press launches the default action a 1/4 press brings up the right menu.
  19. n99hockey

aaaah i didnt realize you were on sliding panels
  20. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

The delay works eveywhere I've found so far except whne the right menu says "Compose". That will launch a new message regardless of the pause.

Also my shorcut to the start menu didn't work. But I knew it couldn't be THAT easy :)