retroclock_SP_v1_03.cab

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Q9Nap, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Q9Nap

Q9Nap Member

retroclock_SP_v1_03.cab

Here's a link to retroclock 1.03 for smartphone (freeware analog clock plugin for non flash-based homescreens) since the developer doesn't seem to be hosting it anymore and no other links i've tried have worked:

http://rapidshare.com/files/141396919/retroclock_SP_v1_03.cab

[​IMG]

How to Install:
    • Download the CAB installation package from below
    • Copy the CAB to your phone and install into internal memory
    • Edit your favorite homescreen's XML file to include Retro:
    - Customize the following line as you need:
    <plugin clsid="{22656EDD-FC46-4291-8003-713328E41B22}" filename="\Program Files\Retro Clock\modern.clr" x="..." />
    - filename attribute: Required, specifies the absolute path to the clock file (.clr) to be used.
    - x attribute: Optional, specifies the horizontal position of the clock. If positive, the clock will have a margin from the left side of the screen equal to the attribute's value. If negative, the clock will have a margin from the right side of the screen equal to the absolute value of the attribute (i.e. a value of "-10" places the clock 10 pixels from the right border). If unspecified or zero, it will be horizontally centered in the screen.

*EDIT*
    Thanks to Prosper, here's the desktop software for creating your own analog clock layouts for use with the app:

http://rs113.rapidshare.com/files/306852833/REdit.zip

Haven't startd playing yet, so no idea how to use this...
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

screen shot?
  3. eric3938

eric3938 New Member

Rapidshare tells me you have to be a premium member to download this and the retroclock cab wouldn't install on my q9c
  4. Q9Nap

Q9Nap Member

Yeah RS does that now when server traffic is high, just gotta keep trying, or try this mirror :dft012:wink

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R982VKKV
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

sorry Q9 i couldnt find any of my old files..actually i only remember experimenting with this clock for a tiny bit! i used the madbeetle clock primarily!
  6. eric3938

eric3938 New Member

The megaupload link downloaded and installed fine, thanks alot. Gonna play with it a lil bit and see what I get.
  7. Q9Nap

Q9Nap Member

I checked out madbeetle after you mentioned it and it seems pretty great...playing with the hs builder now trying to figure out how to add custom images. Nice that I can accomplish what I want right away & can look at the .xml later to see how it was done.

As for the RetroClock plugin, it worked for me except that the hs background stayed black even though the .xml was pointing to a .png in my application data\home folder. Also didn't get around to seeing how to use orange.dll to support multiple items per line...
  8. Q9Nap

Q9Nap Member

No problem...as i mentioned above, i checked out madbeetle & looks like it will be easier to get rolling