resizing video files

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by redmarker, Jul 26, 2006.

1. redmarker

redmarker New Member

resizing video files

what app would work best for shrinking video files so they would take up less space on the memory card? also what resolution does the Q run at?
  2. redmarker

redmarker New Member

i found a free program that does the trick well called Videora. Videora iPod Converter - iPod Video Converter
    very simple but time consuming to do. files play on windows media player for sure, i haven't tested any others yet.
  3. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

IF you want to compress video size, you can also "Zip" them. Ive read about ZIP software compattible with the Q.
  4. Dayspring

Dayspring New Member

Video Conversion

Try video product called AVS Video Converter from AVSMedia.com. A very good useful product that has lots of controls to do exactly what you need.
  5. Kupe

Kupe New Member

The Q runs at 320x240 pixels.

By "shrink," do you mean re-encode a video so that it takes up less storage space and has a bit-rate more compatible with the Q? If so, then check out PocketDivXEncoder (Lathe), a simplified means for re-encoding video files to a format easily usable by the Q. There are better ways to do this, but probably not a more straightforward (or cheap - it's free) means.
  6. Lucky_Smurf

Lucky_Smurf New Member

ok maybe i'm stupid which is entirely possible but I used the pocket divx encoder and it encodes them as an AVI but when I transter them to my phone it says the files aren't associated with the player. So I just opened the files but they wont play. I didn't really change any settings on the encoder just encoded them with the default settings as an AVI file. Any suggestions?
  7. Lucky_Smurf

Lucky_Smurf New Member

anyone have any suggestions at all for formatting and bit rates or file formats? I'm also only using the windows media player on the phone.
  8. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Microsoft's Windows Media Encoder (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx) is probably the best for the Q as it specifically allows you to create profiles geared toward Pocket PC/SmartPhones (and @ the wide-screen resolution of the Q)... You can download the SDK and it comes with an example batch converter. It's not very fast, but it produces skip-free videos that play flawlessly on the Q at fairly high compression.
  9. Lucky_Smurf

Lucky_Smurf New Member

What settings work best in your experience? Thanks for the assistance.
  10. Kupe

Kupe New Member

I recommend you download and install TCPMP, a freeware alternative to WMP. In addition to playing everything WMP plays (MP3, WMV, WMA) it plays about 11 other formats including AVI. TCPMP is made for all sorts of OSes, so make sure you download:
    - tcpmp.smartphone.0.72RC1.cab for installation from the Q or
    - tcpmp.smartphone.0.72RC1.exe for installation via Activesync and
    - All the associated codecs to maximize your compatibility (ac3.plugin.0.72RC1.zip, asap.plugin.0.72RC1.zip, ffmpeg.plugin.0.72RC1.zip, flac.plugin.0.72RC1.zip, speex.plugin.0.72RC1.zip, vorbislq.plugin.0.72RC1.zip)

In addition to more formats, TCPMP requires less overhead (memory and CPU) than WMP and can directly address the graphics capability of Intel's Xscale processors for better video performance.

Obviously, I highly recommend this route.
  11. won4jesus

won4jesus New Member

12. workhors

workhors New Member

is there any decoder for MPEG4 AAC audio error??? that is for TCPMP
    i have all posted so far i believe im just missing this one
    Also i was curious on some more info on how to install these .cab i really cant figure that out THANKS

I got my Q like a week ago and i love the thing also wondering does anyone have deep fish for all of us yet??? or maybe an install of WM6??? wrong place to post that i know but maybe someone will know hahaha
    im trying for both and if i get it after my bro all of you will be the first

Thanks again with out everyones help idk if i would like the Q half as much
  13. lexluthor

lexluthor New Member

Yes, but it's "illegal" and therefore somewhat hard to find.
  14. workhors

workhors New Member

So anyone got it??
    If you do u can email it to be at bryanh@cityofbryan.net
    Thanks!!!!!
    if it would jsut for for non-DRM ACC that would be great even becasue when i encoded my movies it makes teh sound in mpeg4 acc and thats the only option i have
    someone please help THANKS!!!
  15. linds

linds New Member

I can suggest VidCrop. I'm sure you'll love it!
  16. kennedylegler

kennedylegler New Member

hey man.. i just DL'd the TCPMP and I was trying to add a video file I downloaded and it wont let me add it to the storage card of my phone. what videos do you play using the TCPMP and how do you add them to your phone? I tried adding an episode of Entourage I had and it starts to add it but then stops and restarts itself??
  17. jdp123

jdp123 New Member

How's it going all... Just thought I'd contribute to this thread... I've been heavily into the Rokr series and just got a Q... I found that I could use Real Media tools to convert video files like wmv, mpg and other types... I am used to 15fps so that is what I tried first on the Q in .rm... Works great but I now have to tweak the settins to get the best quality to match up with Q...
    I use Real Media Producer to convert to .rm and Real Media Editor to edit it if necessary...
    Saves tons of memory esp. for movies... I have Transformers on the Q taking up 343mb just a fraction of the original file and running at a pretty clean 15fps (again it can be better but this file was for my Rokr)... I get a little digitalizing at times but I have yet to see if that is from initial recording off the computer/tv (win tv to go plus with pvr)

[​IMG]

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's freeware from Real Media so give it a go...Well the file is to big to attach here so here it is on my rapid share:

Enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/122081911/ermp194_full.zip

ermp194_full.zip = Easy Real Media Producer version 1.94 with Editor install exe...
  18. kilo

kilo New Member

usually i resize video by VidCrop PRO...
  19. sitlet

sitlet New Member

fail....:007:hammer