Request: University of Kentucky

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by bhs_tigers_00, Feb 2, 2009.

1. bhs_tigers_00

bhs_tigers_00 New Member

Request: University of Kentucky

I have searched on here and only found two. They are decent but don't seem as flashy as some of the other college themese I have seen. If anyone could try and help me with this I would appreciate it because I bleed blue. Thanks
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

do you have a background image in mind? desired plugins?
  3. bhs_tigers_00

bhs_tigers_00 New Member

I think this would be cool. I would like to add some color or maybe some blue flames or something to the UK or the lettering to spice it up some. I would like it to be default with no plugins also.

It just seems that the UK themes I find are oldschool. If anyone could even just spice up the UK logo or anything that would be cool too, I just dont know how to do it.

[​IMG]
  4. bhs_tigers_00

bhs_tigers_00 New Member

[​IMG]Actually this pic would be better I think, its smaller and has color in it. [​IMG]
  5. stockspeed

stockspeed Member

What is old school design? I'd be happy to try putting together a screen...but I might be one of the old school designers. Which is fine, no worries, just let us know a little more about what design you don't like so we know what to avoid.
  6. bhs_tigers_00

bhs_tigers_00 New Member

Well for example the Kentucky theme here doesnt look quite at "hip" or flashy as the duke and UT themes below it http://www.everythingq.com/forum/q-...collection-read-only-11116-92.html#post215923

I like this theme setup with the icons and email/text/voicemail notifications, and how it requires no aditional plugins, but have no clue how (or if) I can incorporate the background I posted earlier into this format.

Thanks for the replies you all.
  7. stockspeed

stockspeed Member

bhs_tigers

Okay. Its Tuesday, so into the work week right now, but I'll try to throw together something over the next few days.

ss
  8. bhs_tigers_00

bhs_tigers_00 New Member

No problem. There is no rush so take your time if you feel like doing it. Thanks once again.
  9. stockspeed

stockspeed Member

Sorry.....Laptop crashed Tuesday night. Had to format the hard drive and reload the business software. Loaded the screen creation stuff this evening. Will get to your screen tomorrow night and have it to you Saturday.
  10. stockspeed

stockspeed Member

Here is what I put together. Let me know if it is okay. The second screen is optional. If you want me to remove it I can. Just let me know and I can repost a zip that does not include that screen.

By the way, the image is much clearer on the actual Q. Like I say, I lost all programs when the laptop died. Still looking for the tools I used pior to the crash.

ss

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. bhs_tigers_00

bhs_tigers_00 New Member

Dude... BOO YAH! It came out much better than I thought it would. If its not too much trouble can you take out the We were all witnesses and change it it to or Kentucky Wildcats or Kentucky Basketball or leave it blank? I think that would look a lot better.

Major props tho, im gonna put it on my phone right now. The second screen is awesome too btw. Thanks mate.
  12. stockspeed

stockspeed Member

KENTUCKY2
    [​IMG]

KENTUCKY3
    [​IMG]

KENTUCKY4
    [​IMG]

Have a good day!
    ss

(original layout by Eko, graphics by stockspeed and XML adjusted by stockspeed...uses Eko Black Soft Keys)

Attached Files: