Request: Sprint Layout home screen fix

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by michael.egan, Apr 17, 2007.

1. richard.king28

richard.king28 New Member

nevermind I figured it out!! duh xml is not that hard to understand
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea its really close to html
  3. mitzy23

mitzy23 New Member

I am sooooo happy for this thread. I got my q in march and i have been on the phone with tech support numerous times, I have done master resets ( to there requests) and i have even received a new phone. Thank you sooooo much. You are MUCH smarter than those working there.
  4. RFI4U

RFI4U New Member

You're very welcome, glad it helped you :laugh2:
  5. RERUN

RERUN New Member

I too like the Sprint Layout, however it had always bothered me that the email counter did not increment properly. Thanks for this fix!
  6. lahoria

lahoria New Member

Hey did anyone got the voice mail count increased passed 1? the xml attribute used in all of the XML is unreadVMail but it never go past 1. Any ideas?

-----
    Lahoria
    Moto Q Sprint.
  7. RFI4U

RFI4U New Member

My theory is that basically the phone just knows either there is or is not unchecked VM waiting but lacks the ability to count how many and it equates 0 to none present and 1 as "something" present. Just like the icon
    bar indicator which is either displaying the new VM icon or not. The phone may even takes its cue for displaying the icon bar icon based on a setting that changes from 0 to 1 which is displayed as the VM count via the appropriate plugin.
    I could be wrong but after all the tinkering I've done it sure seems that the phone just has either a yes or no perception of unchecked VM waiting. My old Sanyo from sprint used to display the actual number of VM waiting so I don't think it's sprint related as much as phone related, but this is just my theory.
  8. Longhorns

Longhorns New Member

RFI4U,

Thank you so much for these Home Screen variations. I have a question for you so that I don't bug you with my change. You know how on your Sprint2 MOD 1 Home Screen that breaks the email out to multiple accounts instead of having them all on one like. Well I want to change your XML to from the Highlight bar to say Font weight Bold and Font size 20 when selected and Font-weight normal and font size 18 when unselected. I was able to change them to all the lines except where you use the 'Other emails" plug in. It either ignores the format command or if it fails and does not generate the executable. I'm assuming this is because I'm trying to add an attribute the Format command does not have. I know a little XML but i've coded in other languages for 20yrs so I can figure things out pretty easy. Well down to my questions. 1) how do you know what attributes or properties a certain plug in has? 2) why can I not change the Font Weight and Size on the "others plugin--> <plugin clsid="{8486CC1E-025B-4888-9C76-048DF7C1787D}"

Thanks,
    Longhorns
  9. RFI4U

RFI4U New Member

Ahh the question of all questions.... at least it was for me till I think it was Steve gave me this URL to look at for the attributes of plugins and general home screen layout info - check out http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms839391.aspx#sp02homescreen_topic8

As for the plugin not responding to the weight and size I'm not sure why exactly but some plugins only seem to take commands from the default layout settings at the top of the home page while others take it directly with hard coding or from the defaults. If you change the default selected state attributes to include the font controls the "others plugin" will respond to them.
    Within the <default> </default> tags change
    <format state="selected" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT"/>
    to
    <format state="selected" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT" font-weight="bold" font-size="20"/>

plugins that WILL take direct hard coding will use the default unless you over ride it with the hard code.

Hope this helps -
  10. Evixor

Evixor New Member

My screen doesn't have Missed Calls

I have the 1st one but I don't have a line that say missed calls, how to i get missed calls added to my screen please

John
  11. RFI4U

RFI4U New Member

It will only show the missed call line when there is actually a missed call, otherwise it hides.

The plugin has the attribute - <format state="nocall" visible="false"/>
  12. Evixor

Evixor New Member

thanks i understand now

Thanks very much. i missed that line in the codeing.
  13. Longhorns

Longhorns New Member

RFI4U,

Very Helpful...Works like a champ!!!

Thanks again .. I was spinning my wheels on this one.

Appreciate the link to the attributes

Longhorns..
  14. currencycrew

currencycrew New Member

Hi there guys, new to the forums. So I was looking around for some answers on how to fix a problem with the line that says Gmail (#). When i first got the phone, using the sprint layout, the 3rd party would show up, but now it doesnt. is there a way to fix this? I used the first mod, but it only increments Email (#), but i was hoping it would make it show the Gmail label as well. Thanks for any posts in advance. Thanks.
  15. bass3769

bass3769 New Member

i have just done the notifaction change to the first one posted and now there is no sound notification. any ideas?