Replacing DLL's

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by Brent372, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Replacing DLL's

I had created some custom call history icons for my TP2 and I want to use them on the Ozone as well. On the TP2 they are image files but on the Ozone they are embedded into a DLL file. Using Resource Hacker, I replaced the icons in the DLL.

First I tried just copying the DLL back onto the device using Total Commmander but was unable to (access denied). Then I threw it into a CAB file but when I run it I just get a message saying the install was unsuccessful.

Any thoughts?
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

i used as a trial for a bit and then broke down and bought resource tuner ($40)...works awesome for editing icons within dll's or exe's!! and more!

loading icon stuff made me purchase plus a ton of other uses like your after! =)

there are freebies but as you will see limit some things and are hard to figure out! tuner has a 30 day trial i believe!

edit...oh and if your after a cab/exe signing app...i got a free one of those!
  3. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

I don't think that is the issue here.
    I think it has to do with the Ozone not allowing a DLL to be overwritten
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

ahh gotcha! thats all i got...i would think too if it were a signing problem you would get that error instead of an overwritten one.