Repair

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by 2wheeler, Apr 2, 2008.

1. 2wheeler

2wheeler New Member

Repair

I had my phone replaced by AT&T because it would not sync. Before I could send it back my dog chewed on it. It works off and on. Anywhere I can get it repaired?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

3. 2wheeler

2wheeler New Member

No it still has problems but I can't send it back because of the damage to the case. I now own two of them.
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

put the new case on and send send it off, they think its broke anyway
  5. 2wheeler

2wheeler New Member

Thanks but it has been two 2 months since I was to have returned it. It works some time and then other times it won't do anything. You can talk on it but it just goes out. Sometimes it will sync and other times it wont.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you said there is damage, we directed you to a place where you can buy a new housing... issue resolved ?

or is it ?
  7. 2wheeler

2wheeler New Member

No. It still needs to be repaired. Thats what I was asking. Is there any where I can get it repaired. The case was just a inconvenience which did not allow me to return it to AT&T. You can't return it if it can't be refurbished and sent out (Appearance wise). I don't know if they will still take it back as the case was closed because I couldn't send it back.
  8. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

you can try a master reset, if it's still messed up then there is nothing more you can do. A shop may fix it, but it may cost more than it's worth.

may also consider selling it for parts on ebay
  9. 2wheeler

2wheeler New Member

I spent 2 hrs with AT&T support and three sessions with Motorola. I can play games and keep addy's in it but it is not reliable. To small to use as a boat anchor. I weas hoping there was a palce that did repairsthat could fix it for $100 or so and I could give it to my wife. The teeth marks are not affecting anything and there is a small crack on the side.
  10. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

an ATT shop wouldn't fix it for a fee?
  11. 2wheeler

2wheeler New Member

No they don't do repairs at least that is what they told me.
    I just thought somone might know of a place that would do repairs. I guess the cost of labor is more than the worth.
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

one more time, why don't you buy a housing and fix it yourself..
  13. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

think the internals were messing up as well...

OP may try a reflash or search local phone book for a repair shop.
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oooooooooooh, i see.. in that case, i got nothing...
  15. Jmkimes

Jmkimes New Member

how about insurance?

Sign up for the 4.99/mo mobile phone insurance. Call em up and say your dog ate your phone. $50 later they send you a refurbed one and you send back the eaten one.

Should work, given how many people there are at ATT that answer phones.