Renaming Playlists in the Diamond

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Diamond' started by MikeSteffler, Sep 24, 2008.

1. MikeSteffler

MikeSteffler Guest

Renaming Playlists in the Diamond

I have a few playlists made... they were called Playlist 1 through 3 (the default names) because I was just learning how to use them. Now I'd like to rename them, but I can't!

When in the Playlists section of the Music > Library area, there is a Menu option, "Rename"... but when I press it, it does nothing. Seems like it would require me to select a Playlist to rename, but pressing a Playlist takes me into that Playlist, with no renaming options. I can't highlight a Playlist to rename for that reason.

This forum is pretty tiny... can anyone help?
  2. Xtrm302

Xtrm302 Guest

Try syncin it with windows media player 11 on pc, then edit it while sync'd on the pc...should work.
  3. MikeSteffler

MikeSteffler Guest

Thanks, but I was talking about the phone's music player, not the Windows Media Player. (You know, right by the camera in the bottom slidey menu). I've switched to using WMP anyways - easier to do playlists, and more reliable. The native music player was crashing on me a lot. :(
  4. Taurus26

Taurus26 New Member

I have the same dilemna with my HTC Diamond. I can not rename/delete the Playlists that I created while in the "Music Player". To repeat my concern:

***When in the Playlists section of the Music > Library area, there is a Menu option, "Rename" and "Delete"... but pressing one of those does nothing. I expect to be directed to a next command; i.e select a Playlist to rename/delete. But pressing a Playlist gets me into the chosen Playlist, with no next options. I can't highlight a Playlist to rename/delete for that reason.

Without the aid of sync (considering that is the only method that the concern is addressed), is there any work-around within the Diamond?
  5. Taurus26

Taurus26 New Member

I'm not sure if this is still necessary, but I just have figured out how this can be done: "When in the Playlists section of the Music > Library area, high light the playlist name by using the direction key (joystick) in the bottom of your phone (outside the biggest and round key in the center). And then you can use the rename or delete function.