Removing WM 6.1 from Q9C

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by rodgolding, Jun 21, 2008.

1. rodgolding

rodgolding New Member

Removing WM 6.1 from Q9C

Is there any way of removing 6.1 once you have updated a Q9C?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

I think there is not...

potQ9c
  3. nparrott

nparrott New Member

What about the Monster Flash?
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea.. members talk about it, can't recall ever reading a success story.

potQ9c
  5. nparrott

nparrott New Member

See below a response from Motorola Customer Suppor regarding the 6.1 and the Random Reboot issue... Just received this today...

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support, we appreciate your request.

Thank you very much for your considerations and interest in our products.

Regarding your concern, we can understand the situation you have experienced and we are sorry for the delay, we are having some problems with the e-mail tool.

Unfortunately, once that the operating system of the phone was upgraded or when the software of the phone is updated, there is not a way to go back to the previous version installed.

We hope that you find this information useful and we remain at your entire disposal for future questions you may wish to ask.

Looks like we are all SOL for those who want to go back to 6.0! Wish I would have known that before upgrading...
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

as I expected..

potQ9c
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Here is a thought. I took my Q back to sprint because I got the dreaded dust under my screen thing. they gave me a new one. it didn't have 6.1 on it. of coarse I had to re do everything on the phone.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yes.. that would be a method that works.

potQ9c