Removing top and bottom bar

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by nxlnpplpsp, Mar 5, 2010.

1. nxlnpplpsp

nxlnpplpsp New Member

Removing top and bottom bar

I don't pretend to be a wiz with the Moto Q, and I hope not many look over this thread without stopping to maybe help me out. Lately I've been interested in modding my Moto Q in a few ways, different themes and installing Java and whatnot. For one of the things I'm trying to do, however, I want to get rid of the bottom bar and top bar, which display signal strength, battery power, start, and etc. I've looked up the subject, and of course some people have already talked about it, but the confusing 'remove the parts from the .xml's' this and that confused me to death. Does anyone here have a good explanation?
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

As far as the Menu Bar (bottom bar)....I don't believe it can be removed by altering the XML of the homescreen. I used to make a lot of homescreens for Q's, Q9's, etc (320x240 screen size). The top bar can be removed. To do this you do have to modify the XML. I learned by searching the web, reading articles, taking out the XML of homescreens I liked and comparing them to stock installed ones. You do have to get a grasp of XML to do the "advanced layouts". Their are a couple of home screen editing programs out there Mad Beetle is a free one. Trial and Error was my best teacher. If you have any specific questions I can probably help a little. Good Luck!!