Removing ringtone size limitation (Q9H)

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by ibcop, Nov 29, 2007.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no problem!!
  2. chillyp

chillyp New Member

Hello everyone,

I goofed on my phone and deleted the whole key for Sounds, and well...my Sounds no longer work

Can someone please tell me what the other 2 entries were under that key?

Thanks a lot. I'm in a pickle here.
  3. yots1983

yots1983 New Member

using a mac and have lots of questions

ok i understand the aspect of this hack but im new to the smartphone scene so using missing sync were and what phm do i download and then how do i open it on my Q9h (already downloaded phm reg edit desktop installer (via active Sync) if there is anyone that can help please
  4. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Did you ever get that sorted out ????
  5. mexiken

mexiken New Member

If you downloaded the exe version of PHM, then simply connect your phone to the computer, and install the file. It will automatically install it to your phone (with a couple of steps on your phone too).

If you have the cab version, simply drag it onto your phone via the Explorer and then navigate to it on your phone using the File Manager. Open it, and it will install the file on your phone.

Done and done.
  6. yots1983

yots1983 New Member

ok i guess i need step by step instructions for this cause the whole "cab" and "exe" thing is cunfusing the hell out of me i guess i need the "dummies" version please can anyone put this stuff in stupid for me and a good link to get a reg edit program and how to install it and run it once i do that i think i might be able to fig this out but dont hold me to it.
  7. mexiken

mexiken New Member

No offense, but if you're having trouble with the difference between the exe and cab install, can't do it, I wouldn't recommend installing said program and doing anything. Installing a prog is one thing, but the wrong key hit in a registry editor can render your phone inoperable.

My recommendation is to do a little more research on both before you proceed.
  8. yots1983

yots1983 New Member

what i mean is that were i found the reg edit there were no versions that are "cab" or "exe" so more or less were can i get one that is that plus the only thing i want to do is to just get rid of this stupid 299kb ringtone limitation
  9. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Good Lord, how difficult is this ????

http://www.phm.lu/downloads/download.aspx?{940B734A-C437-41C7-ADED-2A4418802FD3}

Select Desktop Installer. Save it anywhere. Connect your phone to your PC. Then double click the saved file. It will automatically install itself. You confirm it on your phone, and its done. What is so hard about it ???? I really don't see how you could comprehend the structure of a registry or how to change keys and not be able to install a program to see said structure.

I'm sorry to get a bit snappy, but this is just getting silly....
  10. Hctk1r

Hctk1r New Member

New User need help

Hi I just bought my Q and have read your posting but want to know exactly how to access the HKEY file and also save my ringtones to my 8gb microsd so I don't kill the memory on the phone, if you could help me that'd be great
  11. unsung

unsung New Member

you need a registry edit program (like the multiple ones talked about in this thread. Resco, or PHM, or Total Commander). follow the path given in the original post of this thread, and delete the specified file, also in the original post.

make a folder on your pc named "ringtones" or what ever, then use active sync to your Q, use the file browser, drag and drop that folder on to your memory card, or go to file manager inside the applications folder, use it to navigate to storage card, click "menu", select file, new folder. name the folder.
  12. Hctk1r

Hctk1r New Member

Finally got it!!!!

Thanks for the info, I downloaded Resco and finally figured it out with the post's info>>>THANKS
  13. unsung

unsung New Member

no problem, but give the thanks to the original poster!
  14. Stats

Stats New Member

Thanks for the info. I increased the value in FileSizeLimit and it worked perfectly.
  15. dan j

dan j New Member

I've been trying to install PHM for a few days with no success. I DL it to my XP laptop and I have followed the directions found here and elsewhere. Every time I try to install it the laptop finds a few programs (like Yahoo2go) but never sees PHM. PHM will, no matter what options I choose, say that the installation was successfully completed. But, it not working. I've also tried moving the file to my Q9h and I can see it but it won't open saying I need to open PHM first then open PHM (!!!!????). Is it possible there's some new lock on the Q9h?

FWIW, I haven't tried DL it directly onto my Q from thier website because folks have said that's not advisable.

Thanks,
    dan
  16. cwolgast_8713

cwolgast_8713 New Member

help again

i cannot find this option on my phone...is this hkey under a certain folder or where is it at?...i dont know

17. n99hockey

you need a registry editor....
    read the hack thread to find one
  18. dan j

dan j New Member

Any help for me?

dan
  19. n99hockey

um...try another editor?
    also verify that you are installing the smartphone version and not PPC version
  20. dan j

dan j New Member

hockey,
    I see that they have a Smartphone 2002, 2003 ARM/PXA download (found here http://www.phm.lu/downloads/download.aspx?{940B734A-C437-41C7-ADED-2A4418802FD3} ). Are you saying that I should try that? It sounds dumb, but it says "Best Choice is Desktop Installer" so that's all I've tried.

Thanks,
    dan