removing a hotmail address

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by canadiangirl, Feb 12, 2011.

1. canadiangirl

canadiangirl New Member

I just got an HTC HD7 windows phone, and so far, its just ok, until I learn more of how to use it. I added a hotmail address that I use for chatsites, but I want to get it off my phone. I didn't want all my hotmail contacts added to my phone, nor my phone contacts added into my hotmail. Can someone help me please????
  2. canadiangirl

canadiangirl New Member

ok...now, its has completely wiped out ALL my contacts from the msn address I first used.....how did that happen and why??
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

The phone requires you to add a hotmail/live/msn account. This account acts as a universal key and keep track of all your purchases and achievements from Xbox Live games. Unfortunately, we do not have the option to not sync our hotmail contacts.

Did you replace your hotmail account? The contacts disappear when you deleted the first account you used. The contacts are stored on the hotmail server on the internet and are technically not on stored on the phone.
  4. Gonzalo

Gonzalo Member

I say, start from scratch. Do a hard reset of the device and start all over with your true Live account. Since you just got it, shouldnt be an issue with losing any data.
  5. termleech

termleech Member

In the settings > email you can select your hotel account you added to the phone and turn off contacts. This will prevent the contacts from syncing to your phone and vice versa.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

If we are talking about the primary Live/Hotmail account, then it does not give you the option to emit syncing contacts.
  7. 219techno

219techno New Member

I Too Got A HTC HD7 SmartPhone But When I Try To Remove My Hot-mail Account From The Device it Shows Me Duplicate File Cleaner Required So For That What I Should Do To Remove The Problem?????.