Release Date?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Galls, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Galls

Galls New Member

Release Date?

Anyone know of a release date for this phone? And if it will be available on Verizon?
  2. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Which phone?
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i think it was supposed to be end of the 2nd quarter this year...but who knows that could have changed....im sure verizon will be carrying it
  4. mojohio

mojohio New Member

5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

all that says is tentative...perhaps verizon hasnt completely tested it out yet...with verizon already carrying the Q it wouldnt be smart for them not to carry the new version....also the way that verizon lowered there price to 79 bucks for the Q means they might be trying to unload the product to bring in the new...its all speculation now
  6. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

T-Mo or ATT (Cingular) are your only options since its a GSM ONLY phone and no CDMA version has been announced. Now if Moto has a CDMA model in the mix then ok but nothing is in the rumor mill or any sites.

Also has anyone hear about the FCC info on this yet?
  7. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Bingo. We all know these things end up working out though. Look how long it took sprint to get the current Q, and i cant see verizon passing on this.
  8. mojohio

mojohio New Member

9. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

Release dates on unlocked phones are subject to suspicion and change and the specs on their site are not correct either.
  10. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

I purchased the HW6515 unlocked from a UK supplier off of eBay before Cingular had it, worked great. I don't mind unlocked phones but I would like to make sure the unit that is unlocked works in the US first.
  11. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 New Member

new blackberry

i dont think there jumping for getting the new q because they just anounced their blackberry 8830 with world roaming or whatever, i guess we'll just have to wait
  12. robwpolk

robwpolk New Member

I talked to my Verizon dealer (the manager) and he swears he will have it in my hands and activated for use on the 25th of July!:2cool:
  13. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm....that would be next week. Lots of speculation on a Verizon Treo 755p coming next week too. Maybe Verizon is going to release a few new smartphones to compete with the iPhone.
  14. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

First off it would be the Q9M at best and so far neither the Q9 or Q9M have been FCC approved and even if the internals are exact as the original Q wouldn't it need a new FCC ID? That combined with little to no fan fare makes me say not likely.
  15. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm waiting for the Q9h. I'm with AT&T now (fewest dropped calls, yeah right) and the Q9h would fit nicely on my family plan.
  16. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

I'm on AT&T.
    Got an unlocked one (Q q9) a week ago.
    No 3G in my areas, atm.
    EDGE capable. Configured for Europe (Spanish) but set US English in a few places in the settings. Opera Browser and Internet (Windows Mobile) Explorer both running.
    Call quality/dropped appears at least as good (maybe better?) than my Moto phones (KRZR).