Regular Sized Sprint Battery and Door?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by SprintBoiler, Dec 7, 2007.

1. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

Regular Sized Sprint Battery and Door?

I have yet to see sprint selling a regular sized battery door. What the hell is up with that?

BT90 = Moto Battery 1000 mAh.
    BT60 = Moto Battery 1500 mAh.

Confusion aside that they've named a larger battery the smaller model number (60), where is the normal sprint door for this phone? I know that the door exists, because the first Sprint Q9c I ever used had the small battery w/ door installed.

I guess I'm just suprised that they don't seem to be selling a door with the regular BT90 battery.

Has this been identified, and I am just out of the loop (or need to search the forum harder)?
  2. BIGD

BIGD New Member

there is no regular door for Q9c , guess u had Q not Q9c ;) the door exists but on verizon and with verizon logo
  3. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

No, this was definitley a q9c. A friend of mine does engineering development for Motorola out here in Chicago. They had the phone about 2 weeks before Sprint released it. The phone had the slim battery and the slim door, with Sprint logos.

Somewhere out there, a sprint branded regular battery door exists! I may have to gank one from my friend. They can probably track them down at Motorola out there.
  4. BIGD

BIGD New Member

k as soon as u get get one dont forget agout me. i got verizon back door the only thing i need is to remove the logo
  5. timber

timber Member

If you go to the Sprint Store and look at the demo unit, it has the regular battery cover and smaller battery.....

so it does exist...just not for purchase yet.
  6. JPSmith

JPSmith New Member

Any news on standard battery doors for the Q9c? I'd be happy with one with no logo, as long as the color matches.

Also, what is the largest capacity battery that fits using the standard door? I've seen 1170mah, has anyone packed more capacity into the standard size?
  7. Damionix

Damionix New Member

Please Let us know

yeah please let us know, I am so eager to get this hump off the back of my phone.. :)
  8. Damionix

Damionix New Member

Amazing

I just called the Motorola Direct line, and told them that I needed to buy the regular Motorola Q9c Battery Door cover from Sprint, that I was a little frustrated i could not find it on their store website. Well the guys sent me to the Supervisor and there, and he gave it to me for free as a sign of customer satisfaction. My Regular Flat cover should be here by Thursday....

So yeah the cover does exist, Sprint was just too cheap to include that in the package. Well maybe if you try too, they might sell or just give it to u for free too
    :laugh2:
  9. JPSmith

JPSmith New Member

Great info!! Can you tell us the number you called?
  10. Damionix

Damionix New Member

Sure

''Thank you for shopping the MOTOSTORE
    Check your order status, find frequently asked questions, or contact us if you need additional help. Can't find it here? Call us at 1-866-BUY-MOTO (1-866-289-6686) Option 7''

Good Luck
  11. forcelite

forcelite New Member

I just bought a Verizon one, owell
  12. jtscanlon

jtscanlon New Member

I called them today and they told me they were out of stock of Sprint Q9C regular battery doors at the moment but if I called back in a week they would be able to send me one for free. Hope that helps some people!
  13. johnny7175

johnny7175 New Member

I wanted to start by thanking all that contribute to the site and saying this is a great site with tons of info.

I have called Moto four times and have lost track of the number of times I've been transferred and none of the CSR's seem to be able to find a standard battery door for the Q9c. I was wondering if anyone could provide a part number I could reference the next time I call.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  14. rlk

rlk New Member

Slim Battery and slim door

Bottom line, where can I get slim battery and door for Moto Q 9c?

Thanks!
    please reply to rkramm@yahoo.com
  15. Evade

Evade New Member

You have to buy and use the Verizon slim battery and door as Sprint nor Moto sell it. Check Ebay for the door under "q9m door" and Verizon for the BT61 battery.
  16. BIGD

BIGD New Member

it doesn''t have to be verizon battery. battery from Q1 will fit perfectly
  17. Redhatchyguy

Redhatchyguy New Member

I called motorola and they said they had no such thing as a sprint standard door.. could you possibly get a part number from the one you recieved? I should be reciving my Sprint Q9c today .. Id like to find the standard sprint door..
  18. whittw

whittw New Member

So that big 3200mh batttery thats being discussed in the other forums will fit??
  19. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Member

Um... what?

And no, if we're talking about the "slim" (aka "High Performance") battery door, it will likely not fit as it already cannot fit the 1500-1800 mAH extended battery that comes standard with the Q9c
  20. whittw

whittw New Member

There is a thread about a bigger battery being offered(I assume it is for the regular Q) in the other forums.. And I was just curious.. :smile: