Registry edit to force the CPU to 314 MHz

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by Bobby Budnick, Sep 22, 2007.

1. 2k3_TLs

2k3_TLs New Member

I just tried the Threshold hacks, and I must say. I noticed improvement right afterwards. So far, no lockups or anything, but I'll post if any issues arise
  2. dre959

dre959 New Member

thanks

i am new here and have had my Q9c for only a few weeks , previously had a treo 700wx , i could not figure out where i should go to change the shell value pls help and thanks in advance:foot:
  3. 2k3_TLs

2k3_TLs New Member

you'd have to use one of the registry editors that they mention a few posts/pages back. I personally used Resco Explorer 2005.
  4. Rev. Voodoo

Rev. Voodoo New Member

OK, I've used the threshold values options as described earlier. I like it most of the time. Seems a little 'flaky' tho. I do have several other hacks applied, I may reset all to default value and apply one at a time to see what's up. Sometimes things are faster than default, but other times I get temporary hang-ups. A couple times required a reboot, and a couple times programs would just glitch and hang for a few minutes before responding. So hard to tell what the true problme is without messin around.
  5. Paul.4900

Paul.4900 New Member

can you tell me what the value was before i changed it to 0, it takes way too much battery life, i just need to know what it was before 0 thanks Paul
  6. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

It was 5, I believe.

\from my Q
  7. nags

nags New Member

I'm also thinking about going back to stock. With my Seidio 3200 I can barely make it through a full day now.
  8. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

Going to try this baby out today first trying profile hack and next I'm going to do the threshold. I'm a light user but when I'm using it I want it fast. So we'll see what works for me.

BTW PEOPLE please read a few posts before yours about default registry! I have seen tons of posts about it and the answers put up even more times! Or just write them down before you do it!

Q9m defaults = Profile= 5
    Thresholds= 104to208 = 60
    208to104 = 40
    208to312 = 85
    312to208= 50
  9. jav1563

jav1563 New Member

what about this hack?!

i realized that in that same directory there's is a value named: DEFAULTPROCESSORSPEED... and its value is: 2 what is this value for? anyone ?
  10. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

ok so here's my feedback. The profile hack zaps your battery like hell. My phone was fully charged at night set it to make me up in 6 hours and went to bed... I wake up 7 hours later only to find that my Q had died in the middle of the night. I am using the normal battery that came with the Q9m.

The threshold hack which does not yet make sense to me why the CPU scaling is at 1, 2, 3, 4 when those are percents. It does give my Q and noticeable speed boost as well as not draining my battery too bad.

BTW if anyone has any questions about CPU stuff I am an engineering project manager that tests all chips put out by AMD, Intel, etc.
  11. jav1563

jav1563 New Member

what about the registry value y found? someone please who knows what this DEFAULTPROCESSORSPEED is for... and its value is: 2... and now that u are an engineer in that sector,... what do u think about having this hack? is that good for the cpu to be at its max. speed? details... consecuences... pros...? battery life... its clocked to 314mhz... but its not always working at 100%... so...
  12. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

the default processor speed I am unsure about, but I am pretty sure that the rated speed for the Q9m is 314 even though without this hack it doesn't run that fast. Anyways even if your processor was running 24/7 at max speed. As long as it isn't overvolted (which this hack does not do), or overheating like mad (doesn't do either) it will not hurt it.

I laugh at computer overclockers who are afraid for their processors to run above 60 degrees Celcius because they may die. Most of todays processors can run at 70 degrees 24/7 at max speed and they will easily last longer than the rest of your computer components. Usually if there is something wrong with the processor it will occur in the first 24 hours. Otherwise it will last 5 or more years.
  13. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

this is a great thread! i am glad i found it. i just did the threshold mod and look forward to seeing how it works for me. i already see that my Q9m is snappier! thanks for all of the info!
  14. tprouty

tprouty New Member

this KILLED by batt life.... would only last like 12 hrs.
  15. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

i have not seen any drop in battery life yet and my Q9m is definintely running quicker. although, i am the type of person that when i am in the car, my phone in its proclip holder and charging and then at home, it is in the cradle. but during my regular daily usage i have not seen a difference in batt life.
  16. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

It's the price you pay . . . if you want to do this hack, you need to be prepared to plug your Q into a charger when needed and get in he habit of charging every night. I do that anyway, so the quicker battery drain is not a big deal.
  17. tprouty

tprouty New Member

I do charge it every night, but by the time 9:00pm rolls around its down to one bar. I have my email setup on here, and its running every 2 hrs after business hrs till 9:00pm, and textin' alot and looking at photos. Like right now, I have already lost 1 bar and I unplugged it at 6am. maybe my battery is just shitting out. who knows.
  18. nags

nags New Member

I've gone through this whole thread and don't seem to see a straight answer about the default settings on the Q. Can someone please post the originals in one post?

I know the one value is 5, but what is the ShellMenu value?

Thanks.
  19. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

you shouldn't have changed anything except the profile and thresholds. I posted to defaults right after your next to last post but here they are again.

Q9m defaults = Profile= 5
    Thresholds= 104to208 = 60
    208to104 = 40
    208to312 = 85
    312to208= 50
  20. nags

nags New Member

I don't have a Q9M and I'm looking for the ShellMenu default.