Registry edit to force the CPU to 314 MHz

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by Bobby Budnick, Sep 22, 2007.

1. atodak

atodak New Member

how can i make my sprint Q stay on evdo? it goes on like once in a blue moon.
  2. anthonylitz

anthonylitz New Member

That's how mine was when I first got it last Feb. A few months later after talking to a rep at a sprint store, they forced my phone to take a update to the "tower list". I don't think they actually call it the tower list, but thats what it is. Then after they do something I called *2. Instead of the normal options when calling *2, it says something about "your phone is about to get an update do not hang up." After that I was on the EVDO network about 80% more often!

It could be as simple as that, or you just live in a rural area that doesn't have newer cell towers.

This forum is not really for this subject anyway. If you want more info about evdo service goto http://www.EVDOforums.com

Anthony
  3. petergriffen

petergriffen New Member

is there any kind of middle ground to make it tad faster and still good battery
  4. anthonylitz

anthonylitz New Member

I do not think anyone is saying there is any battery loss. Your battery will run out fast no matter what you do to the Q. LOL :tounge:

Anthony

PS- I just got two big batteries off ebay, so far I am impressed with the extended battery life!
  5. tlaudio

tlaudio New Member

Like 208mhz?

Can anyone help with this?

TIA

TL
  6. yugnat

yugnat New Member

So what's the latest consensus on what's the better hack - profile or threshold? BTW, I don't have insurance on my Q9c (yet) :wink:
  7. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Threshold. Profile adjusts automatically after you edit the threshold.
  8. yugnat

yugnat New Member

Thanks! I just tried the hack - seems to work pretty well... what are your feelings about potential risk of damaging the phone?
  9. yugnat

yugnat New Member

Also - I just checked my memory usage under task manager and I'm just idling between 3 & 4% so the CPU only runs full tilt when its fully running apps right? I was worried because I thought it ran at 314 100% of the time. When not in use or no major apps running its possible for the CPU to run slowly.
  10. benglish11

benglish11 New Member

those values look like percentages to me.

i.e. CPU usage > 60% and CPU speed is increased to 208mhz, CPU usage > 85% increase to 312mhz
  11. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Yes, and Steve already does mention that in his post...
  12. warrior15r

warrior15r New Member

I'm also looking for the original shell memory value. Did you ever find out?
  13. comptiger5000

comptiger5000 New Member

Or, you could optimize those settings to get better battery life, and good performance.
  14. Warfarin

Warfarin New Member

I've looked everywhere in the Q9h registry, one reference to threshhold's is in the Backlight folder which can't be correct. I don't know if anyone else recently has found the folder if it even exists for our phones. Tho it would be really cool if it does actually exist.
  15. pheatton

pheatton New Member

That happens with the Verizon Blackberrys. They once in awhile need to update the towers around them. This baisicly tells the phone what towers are around and what services the towers offer the phone.
  16. Warfarin

Warfarin New Member

I realized why there is no folder for Q9h users, the cpu is already set at 315 mhz if the benchmark on TCPMP is correct.
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

very OT

hey warfarin are u related to coumodin and InR?
  18. comptiger5000

comptiger5000 New Member

When TCPMP is open, it may put the cpu under enough load at the time it checks, causing it to show full speed, even if it doesn't always run that way.
  19. Warfarin

Warfarin New Member

No, like 10 years when I started playing online games like Counter Strike I needed a handle and I saw this drug and I thought the word sounded cool, now it's just stuck with me.
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

lol so you precede the pharma tag....you know that could be copy right infringment lol

sorry to interupt post ttfn