"Register" and "Info" on task bar?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by V-loci-T, Aug 5, 2008.

1. V-loci-T

V-loci-T New Member

"Register" and "Info" on task bar?

New here with a question:

I downloaded some home screens and ever since then my task bar always seems to say "Register" and "Info". If I hit the Home button it goes back to "Start" and "Contacts" but it will change back to register and info shortly after that. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I have since deleted everything that i downloaded and it still does it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

where did you download the homescreen from?
  3. V-loci-T

V-loci-T New Member

The home screens were from KooLDezine. And I forgot to mention that I downloaded FIZZ Weather. I am thinking it might have something to do with the fizz because it was a trial. But again, everything has been removed. Its not a huge problem just annoying.

Even when it says "Register" and I push the button it still goes to the start menu.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

not sure if fizz weather would do that or not
    uninstall it and check it out
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I'll get that sometimes when loading up new hs's to see....except my buttons say what they would if I was in the start menu and yea, if I hit home it would be ok for a sec and then revert back. Not an app like you but the start menu. Usually a reboot will fix though...
  6. V-loci-T

V-loci-T New Member

I did. I uninstalled it, turned the phone off, took the battery out for 5 min or so and it still does it. Ive gone into the soft key settings and everything is still right there.

Thanks for the help so far. I just hope I don't have to do a master reset or something.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

well.... and welcome aboard.
  8. V-loci-T

V-loci-T New Member

Thank You! I searched through google for the problem and came across this site and here i am. Ive already been looking around and found several things I want to buy and information that has been helpful. Good to be here.
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea this site is pretty damn awesome..

and well, forgive those other guys for being rude and not welcoming you :}
  10. sherri

sherri Active Member

Welcome to our family/cult! Be forewarned that this place is extremely addicting!:wink:
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Hold the phone....must of rapidly entered this thread and didn't notice!! Sonnofa......

Welcome!! [​IMG]
  12. V-loci-T

V-loci-T New Member

Thank You for the Welcomes. I am already starting to get a healthy addiction and I haven't even been here a day.
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I beleave the uninstall leaves a program file and a regisry key. delete the file and find the key and delete it. the key is probably under software, then not sure after that.
  14. V-loci-T

V-loci-T New Member

Well, I believe I found the problem. I locked the phone and when I went to check the time(just pushing a button to light up the screen) I noticed in the top left hand of the screen it said "virus scan"(only when locked) So i went to the McAfee icon and it said that I need to register. I have had the phone 4 months and I never had to do this. I might have done it when I first got it but I don't really recall.

So anyways, When i clicked on it the same "register" and "info" buttons popped up. I tried entering my phone number but it keeps saying registration failed. Should I just remove mcAfee?
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Kill it. never heard of a virus on a phone. good luck removing it.
  16. V-loci-T

V-loci-T New Member

Well it was the Mcafee causing the problems. After several times of trying to remove it and it going back to the register screen again and again it finally let me remove it. Thanks for everyones help! I appreciate it.
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

sweet... glad it's resolved.

potQ9c