Recoverng text messages

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by Weapondrift, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Recoverng text messages

My boss asked me if VZW was able to actually pull a complete list of every text message hes ever written (regarding pertinant information). The phone that he sent it from was lost. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

dunno... if they do, wouldn't that be a privacy issue ?
  3. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

thats what im thinking. However I know Federal Law Enforcement can obtain these texts if its a federal case. Shouldnt the owner be able to asertain these texts as well?
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

if he can prove said ownership of device then they may print/send them.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

Guessing he didnt have a back up type program already...live and learn...calling VZW is probably the only way to actually find out.
  6. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Im sure that wouldnt be a problem for him. (good god your alive?!)

I already warned him to get a backup program for his phone when he bought it. However VZW keeps telling him that they can only print out a list of phone numbers to the cell phone hes textd (not the text themselves) Howeer, I have a hard time believing this.
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

He could escalate the call...call corporate etc
  8. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Ill meanion that to him. He wants me to email him in the next couple of days as soon as I find out something. So ill meantion that. Anyone else have any ideas?
  9. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

call dateline and drop a "tip" they can get the msgs :)
  10. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

too funny!
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

Lol seriously though...that maybe a good point to bring up to them...that "you" are aware that vzw has done this in the past. So whats different now?
  12. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

ill pass this on to my boss in the morning and let him do his thing. Thanks everyone :)
  13. piranah

piranah New Member

isnt there a timeline that they keep the messages? i heard that they keep the messages for 6 months then they are perm deleted...dont know how much truth is in that...

also, backup programs are no good if you keep the backup on a storage card in the phone (speaking from first hand experience)
  14. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

thats a good question, I actually talked to him yesterday and he said that he had lost the phone but never actually turned it off (aka reported it) he said the only thing the people are doing is sending text messages.
  15. paramedicnate

paramedicnate New Member

I thought it was shorter, like five days or something. Think about how many text messages are sent (I sent nearly 9,000 alone last month) by each phone on their network. That is a lot of data to store, plus it actually seems like a waste to keep them on the network for any length of time.

-Nate