Reception issues...

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Sam Bramley, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Sam Bramley

Sam Bramley New Member

I'm not sure if this is related to my phone or the WP7 so figured I'd ask, I recently purchased a Samsung Omnia 7 in Europe and brought it back to Canada, leaving the iPhone for Windows has been the greatest single thing I've done in forever, the OS works beautifully in comparison. The problem I'm having though is with reception, at my home I am usually lucky to get 1 bar whereas with my previous phones I'd always get 4/5 bars easy. When I'm in the city the phone gets great reception but any time I leave to an area more remote it just drops down to just about zero.

Anyone else had this problem? if so, is it a hardware/OS or carrier issue?
  2. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

Where abouts in Europe did you buy the phone?

I know Europe and the USA have different mobile phone specs, and you generally need to use a tri-band phone from Europe, to use it in the USA, i would imagine Canada is similar.
  3. Sam Bramley

Sam Bramley New Member

I picked it up in Rome, the thing I find strange is that it works great in good reception areas but not so great in poorer areas, saying that, I believe the towers here are being updated for "4g" so perhaps that could be related.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Are you able to use 3G in Canada with the phone you bought from Rome? Or are you just getting EDGE?