Receiving same text message 2-3 times, will i be charged?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by ckest13, Jun 16, 2006.

1. ckest13

ckest13 New Member

Receiving same text message 2-3 times, will i be charged?

When I receive a text message, it comes 2-3 or even 4 times in a row. Will this take out of my 500 messages (not an IN customer) its annoying, and some people say they get mine a few times.

any get this or know if i will be billed for multiple texts?

thanks
  2. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

You may want to contact Verizon about this. Since the customer is out of the network, my assumption would be that you will be charged for each of those texts. I have not experienced this myself with text messages.
  3. ckest13

ckest13 New Member

i called...they reset some stuff...well see if it works.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

My kinda troubleshooting. "Reset some stuff"..:laugh:

Sorry it's Friday and I'm a bit punchy.
  5. ckest13

ckest13 New Member

yeah you know what i mean!
  6. cdrw

cdrw New Member

So, did it help ?
    Is it related to some particular user only ?
    Let us know how it goes, so that if anyone else has the problem, they know whats the solution.
  7. ckest13

ckest13 New Member

didnt work...still happens...
  8. mcmikey420

mcmikey420 New Member

this is actually a motorola problem it started with the v60 and on the 265. The v710 was notorious for that problem. The answer is no you will not be charged for these text messages. The problem is in the phone itself when a new txt comes in the phone does not mark it as being read so the phone keeps alerting you of a new message. The best way to stop this is to delete the txt and maybe do a hard reset (remove the battery while the phone is on). You have no idea how many times I have seen the same problem always on motorola phones in the past two years. annoying but at least it wont cost you any extra dough.
  9. vzwchick

vzwchick New Member

ACTUALLY THIS IS NOT JUST A MOTOROLA ISSUE.. I HAVE CST CALLING IN ABOUT THIS HERE AND THERE... AND ACTUALLY **NO** YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED FOR THOSE MSGS IF THEY ARE BEING DELIVERED AS **DUPLICATE**
  10. mcmikey420

mcmikey420 New Member

Yes I agree this is not only a motorola problem I have seen it happen on almost every make of phone just mostly with motorolas. I have spoken to multiple engineers that have assured me it is not a network problem and a customer will never be charged for these messages, but yes you are right it is not only motorola phones this happens to just more prevailant in their make.
  11. ckest13

ckest13 New Member

when i called verizon, they told me i would be charged for it and if i go over my limit they could remove some charges.

i've had samsung and recently the razr for tmobile..ive never had duplicates before