receiving long messages

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by corallini081, Oct 25, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

dunno... uhm, what i could do -and that might work- is export the registry key.. all you would need to do is put it on the Q, "execute" it with the File Manager and it should import the key..
  2. jjfan71

jjfan71 New Member

that would be awesome rudeboy !!! thanks so much for the help
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yea...I got it to work sending myself a long text...came as two. But I think that worked before. I meant to send one from the VZ site but got busy...

my kids phone sends texts out as two if over 160..dunno..ill try an email to me.
  5. jjfan71

jjfan71 New Member

ok, downloaded textshared.zip, put it in my documents on my q, extracted it, launched it and the registry came up. i rebooted and sent myself a long ass text from my wifes envy and still doesnt work. she got a text back saying "destination does not support ems". did i do it right ??
  6. jjfan71

jjfan71 New Member

when i launch textshared.reg this is what i get. do i have to do anything from here ?

Attached Files:

7. txter

txter New Member

i hope i didnt confuse you Tree. i do get 2 or more pages w/ a txt thats over 160 but @ least i get them now. i didnt before i did this. so far ive got up to 4 pages of a single txt. i know thats all kinds of crazy but tell that to the ya who that sent it to me.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

when you execute the .reg inside the .zip it should ask if you want to write it to the registry, pick yes.

not sure what screen you are showing..

potQ9c
  9. rf22

rf22 New Member

I've had this same problem for a long time now on my Q1. I tried this EMSHandler a long time ago and it did not work. Also, I have always been able to and still can send myself long messages. I can also send long messages to anyone on any carrier with no problems. I can also recieve long texts from anyone on other carriers as well.

On the Verizon network, I can recieve long (>160 characters) texts from other smartphones. The only time I cannot receive long texts is when they are sent from a Verizon handset. This is the problem!
  10. jjfan71

jjfan71 New Member

it didnt ask me anything. i'm gonna try the whole thing again. the screen shot i showed was after i extracted the reg and executed it, thats what immediately came up.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you need to unpack the .zip..
    then open the File Manager..
    then click the file (.reg)
  12. jjfan71

jjfan71 New Member

ok i'll try. sorry for being such a pain in the ass !!!
  13. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

no worries....all kinds of variables and I am 6'1...HAHA..that to...6.1 so i didnt see much of a difference! again...no worries!! and thanks!
  14. jjfan71

jjfan71 New Member

could 6.1 update have something to do with it not working ??
  15. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

sounded like it was 50/50 in the other thread for wm5.0...sooo...dunno! I am glad it worked for those!!! I gave it a college try though!
  16. jjfan71

jjfan71 New Member

so it didnt work for u either ???
  17. jjfan71

jjfan71 New Member

i give up on this s**t !!! thank u to those who gave their input, especially rudeboy !!!! have a good night all :smile:
  18. mbrevard

mbrevard New Member

Installed this yesterday and it worked perfectly. Today I can receive messages but when I attempt to send the I get a red error message "Message Was Not Sent. Try Again?" I click it and then get the same message. Not sure if this is an issue due to the reg change or if it was just coincidence. Called VZW tech support. He had me turn my phone off and set up my service on a phone he had and was able to send and receive. This make me think that this hack has caused this problem. What ya think?
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

might be coincidence... i can receive and send just fine, good way to find out if it was the hack, undo it.
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

bummer it did not work out for you...