Recalibrate Battery?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by ZKmotoq, Jun 3, 2007.

1. ZKmotoq

ZKmotoq New Member

Recalibrate Battery?

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can recalibrate my battery? When I use it it seems to drop to the same level at the same time, and when I plug it in to charge it either drops to a lower level or it goes to a nearly full charge. I have to unplug and replug to get the 'fully charged' screen. Any one have this happen to them as well?
    Thanks
    Zack
  2. kiwi38

kiwi38 New Member

battery level does not update

I've had the problem where the battery level does not update and gets stuck at 100%. Very annoying...
  3. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Take the phone in to the dealer and try one of their batteries from in the store. If their battery works, yours is pooched. If it doesn't you are already at the store, so you can swap if you need to. That's probably the quickest and most painless way to figure out the problem
  4. kiwi38

kiwi38 New Member

i actually have a standard battery in addition to the extended battery. i put the standard battery in just now and the battery level was stuck at 50%. it looks like a phone problem. hardware or software i don't know...
  5. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Interesting to note, I can't explain that one....
  6. jareti

jareti New Member

I've noticed that mine has gotten stuck like that before after charging over night, but usually after i reboot the phone it clears up. Doesn't happen often.
  7. kiwi38

kiwi38 New Member

In my case, I've tried rebooting and even hard resetting, it still doesn't clear up. In fact it jumps to 100% battery level the moment I unplug it from the charger, no matter what charge level it's at. Given my usage of the phone, there's enough battery capacity for my average day so I don't take notice of battery levels, but it's certainly annoying...

Will probably check with a Verizon technician in a few days to see what the deal is. I also encountered problems where *228 to update roaming capabilities would fail. Other than those, the phone works great.