Realtime Traffic Cams on your phone

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by blackmeto, Apr 25, 2009.

1. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Realtime Traffic Cams on your phone

EdgeQ Traffic Edge
    I used to love this in NC on my Q1
    its just another one of those apps i forgot about after a hard install

Go to http://traffic.edgeq.com and try the free trial

on your phone using PIE any other way the installations security certificate will fail

Real-Time access to the updated traffic maps & cameras worldwide
    Customizable list of cameras for most frequently used roads. Favorite cameras are always just a click away
    History saves links to last 10 Cameras and Maps viewed ***
    No more expensive monthly subscription costs. Pay one time charge of USD 9.99 to download TrafficEdge and get unlimited access to Traffic Cameras and Maps
    Automatic Camera Updates ensure your TrafficEdge has the most up-to-date list of Traffic Cameras and Maps. You can also run manual updates to get the updated list of Traffic Cameras and Maps
    Auto-Refresh allows you to refresh camera images automatically every 1 to 20 minutes
    Keypad shortcuts make it convenient to zoom in and zoom out images, reset view, and jump to different parts of images**
    TrafficEdge incorporates server driven Service Oriented Architecture keeps maps updated so you will always have the latest traffic camera images every time you view/refresh* a camera image
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

seems decent just dunno if id pay for it
  3. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Just as an FYI, most major cities have this information for free on a web site, including camera views. It may not be as usable, may not specifically have a mobile interface, etc...but the information is out there and free. What a 3rd party app like this can give you is more detail and potentially, coverage on roadways the DOT's don't have, via cellphone tracking, bluetooth, or other technologies.
  4. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Good find. There's a free site I posted last year somewhere in one of the Q forums too.
  5. EQBob

EQBob New Member

http://traffic.tann.net/ ??
  6. 1oddmanout

1oddmanout Member

NBC has a mobile application for live traffic camera views for Washington DC and NYC (maybe more).
  7. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Third Dimension mirrors a lot of those and has apps specif to cities.

http://www.3rddimensiontech.com/