Really upset with Zune

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Hiram, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Hiram

Hiram Member

Hello friends:

I've tried a number of installs/uninstalls, sync/unsync, auto sync/drag & drop between Zune Software and my Focus, and ...

1. Zune never adds all music to the Collection
    2. Some albums are only added partially (some of the songs)
    3. Some albums/artists show up in other albums
    4. When I try to drag and drop, it accepts some folders, others not (they are all mp3)
    Obviously, this keeps me then from transferring all music to the Focus, and whatever is, is not organized. :mad:

Right now I've opted to delete all music from the Focus, which I really regret.:(

Any help??? Anyone!!!

PS: Is there ANY way I can get my music from PC to Focus WITHOUT Zune???

Thanks
  2. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Member

Are you sure it's Zune and not something wrong with the id3 tags of your songs? I haven't experienced any of your issues, outside of mis-tagged songs.
  3. Hiram

Hiram Member

Thanks izzy:

So how do I determine if tags are my problem, and go about fixing it? :confused:
  4. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Member

Find the song(s) in question, right click it, click on edit, and check if the info matches what it should. It's also easy to merge albums into other albums by just dragging them onto eachother, this is nice when you have segmented albums with a few songs here or there.
  5. Hiram

Hiram Member

I'll try it and get back. Thanks.
  6. Hiram

Hiram Member

Just did what you suggested. No edit. But in Properties they all say MP3 Format Sound (.mp3). ideas?

I also try "drag and drop" from my music folder to Zune. Cannot add them to collection.
  7. Despair

Despair New Member

Zune's biggest flaw I found as a new user is there are no dynamic playlists. Meaning I can't create a playlist and drop a bunch of songs on it from a folder on my computer, that's just inexcusable. I even went through the trouble of converting my itunes playlists to .zpl files, but half of them are totally incomplete anyways for some reason... Oh well, didn't really want it as a music player anyway to be honest.
  8. Hiram

Hiram Member

Thanks, despair. So you sound like someone who is more techy than me. What you're saying is that Zune software is flawed and that ultimately affects what gets or not on your phone. On the other hand, you seem to add that you don't expect to use your Focus Windows phone to play music, anyway.

Is my assessment correct.
  9. Despair

Despair New Member

Yes I have an iPod hooked up to my car stereo which is my main music player, it's very rare for me to listen to music on my phone but nice to have for emergencies (like a layover at an airport)! I listen to mostly electronic music, like mixes, so it's not easy to tag and organize the traditional way. I have to rely on folders and playlists meaning the software has to be very flexible. I think any of us coming from itunes or in my case floola and other 3rd party apps is going to have a learning curve and frustrations.
  10. Hiram

Hiram Member

It seems that I may need to use the phone as a player only for occasions when my SanDisk Player is not available. Especially if the issue of adding microsd cards is going to be a headache.

Thanks Despair ... after your help, I won't!
  11. Con Chuot

Con Chuot New Member

@Hiram,
    Make sure that the music that you try to sync with Zune is DRM free! I have the same problem like you had and later find out that the songs that did not sync are DRM protected.
  12. Hiram

Hiram Member

Thanks Con Chuot. Never heard of it, but will look into it. ;)
  13. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

@Hiram
    DRM refers to the feature that prevents a user from transfering/playing music to another device. An example would be if you were to purchase a song from iTunes, it would only play in iTunes and Apple devices because of the DRM. There are programs out there that can remove DRM, though.
  14. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

Hiram likes this.
  15. Hiram

Hiram Member

Now that sounds promising. Sort of what I had with my MotoQ, where I could transfer files directly. I'll look into it. Thanks bnk999.

Edit: After checking it out, I think I'll bookmark, and hold on it.