Random Vibrating

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by guest03, Aug 3, 2009.

1. guest03

guest03 Member

Random Vibrating

My Ozone seems to vibrate about every hour around 9-11 minutes after each hour. Is this because I have my e-mails set to check every hour? If so, can I disable it? Or if there is anything else going on that it is vibrating about, I haven't been able to figure it out.
  2. txter

txter New Member

most likley you have a msg or something that the phone is telling you about. and yes, if your pulling your emails every hour, that would be my guess. you should be able to turn it off in your settings / notifcations or something like that. thats where i would look first.
  3. guest03

guest03 Member

Well I had turned off my automatic e-mail updates every hour to manual and it was still vibrating about every hour.

I had no alerts to be reminded of.

I use Microsoft My Phone to back it up, but that only does it once a day as well...not hourly.
  4. txter

txter New Member

v.mails that are unread or a txt somewhere in their that isnt read?
  5. guest03

guest03 Member

No, I never have any v mails, texts, e-mails, missed calls, etc.

It still does it about every hour and I cannot figure it out.

Any other ideas?
  6. SaintlySins

SaintlySins New Member

I started off liking this phone - but after 2 weeks I'm ready to return it. I have a buzz/vibrating issue too. I've disconnected EVERY notification and it still vibrates every so often. Not quite as regularly as MATTBIRK but randomly throughout the day.
    There are other times when receiving an e-mail or text msg that it'll just vibrate and not stop. Well ... not stop until I hit the Disconnect/Off key.

My hatred for this phone is growing by the hour.
  7. DECGTC

DECGTC New Member

Lots of questions to be asked... Any 3rd party software? Did you try a hard reset? Have you contacted support? <-- this one is important. I once had a message stuck in their system which caused identical effects. It would attempt to deliver ever 5-6 minutes and this happened over night! (Needless to say, I launched the phone down a flight of steps). Once I contacted support, they had the issue resolved in <5 minutes.
  8. chinch

chinch New Member

if you hate the Ozone then heaven help you as you'll be FRUSTRATED with about any phone there is. i mean the ozone is feature rich and idiot-proof as a smartphone comes.

the buzzing/vibrations are obviously annoying but based on the tone of the posts of people having this the immediate though is quite possibly USER ERROR.

swap the phone for a replacement if you think there is a problem. that is the OBVIOUS choice and you have 30-days to return anyways (not that verizon has another worthwhile, non-gimped, windows mobile smartphone to choose from today but that's for another thread.

9. DECGTC

DECGTC New Member

:thumbup: I bet we could not only dedicate a thread, we could probably dedicate a site to this topic!
  10. SaintlySins

SaintlySins New Member

"CHINCH" & "DECGTC" may have hit the nail on the head. Maybe it IS me (user). :frown: I am smarter than most people, but that's an easy statement to make and my self-perspective can make me laugh or want to crawl under my own shoes for some of the silliest mistakes I've made.
    In response to some of the questions, I haven't used any third party apps and I hadn't downloaded anything to hack registries. We did a Hard-Reset, yet it still buzzed like a hornets nest intermittently.
    Could there be something wrong with that unit, maybe, but I figured I'd look for something that was as ergonomic out of the box as all the Q's were.
    Now onto the funny side of DECGTC's comment -- :tounge: -- The PDA selection from Verizon is pathetic now that there's no more Q's! Verizon dropped the ball by not having a worthy replacement for the Q lineup. Sure the BB Tour is great but there are a LOT of secure business networks that BB's servers can't get approved or insured for (mine).
    I've already told the Verizon people I'll be in to return the Saga tonight (another funny thread on the Everythingwm site), and will re-activate my old Q until I can figure out what phone I will end up with. Others have suggested I find a Q Napoleon which fits my Global phone needs, while some suggested the BB Tour. I can't go BB until I can prove their phones/systems are as hack/mine/comprimise resistant as the Windows based PDA's are.
    Who knows ... maybe I can be convinced the first Ozone I had WAS a lemon and they'll put me into a new one that works well.
    I'll update the results.
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

side note
    there are 2 napoleons for sale in the marketplace here
    one very reasonably priced at 250 WITH an extended battery and cover (both VERY hard to find since they arent ever going to be made again)
  12. SaintlySins

SaintlySins New Member

Thank you Scott. You've always been helpful.
    Maybe you remember me ... The guy from North Jersey who tried to get you to tweak my phone last year (for $$) as I was having some problems getting some of the tweaks to stick.
    Instead of taking my $$ you encouraged my efforts to try again ("slowly, with patience" was the key words you used that worked) and I'll figure it out.
    I did, they worked ... and I thank you. :thumbup:

Regards,
  13. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

glad i was able to help you out :laugh2:

if you want that $250 napoleon you better hurry someone is asking about it already
  14. guest03

guest03 Member

I've always owned WM phones, and I have done nothing different on this phone then any other one. I still get the vibrating at about the time every hour (between 5-10 minutes after each hour). It has a long first vibrate, then the second is a little short...I think. I get sick of listening to it so I end it by pressing a button.

I do have third party apps, but it was doing this before I had installed them, so they don't seem to be causing the problem. I haven't done a hard reset, haven't really wanted to have to re-do my whole phone setup.

My next step, either calling up VZW or just going to the local store.
  15. TheMadJester

TheMadJester New Member

I'm having the same problem. My girlfriend was using the Ozone for a while, and she loves it, but the buzzing was driving her crazy. I didn't notice it when I was using the phone, which was only for a week or two. Now we've swapped phones and I can't figure out what the problem is. Now the phone has been on two different lines so it shouldn't be any "stuck" messages. I have hacked the registry and installed all sorts of suspect apps, but then I've also restored it to default factory settings and reprogrammed the phone also. And it's still doing it. The next step is to wipe everything again and not program my email or contacts or anything. Let's see if that works.
  16. TheMadJester

TheMadJester New Member

A quick questions:

Of the people having this problem, how many of you use ActivSync to connect to an Exchange server, such as nuevasync or m.google.com? And would that include downloading Google Calendar information?

Thanks.
  17. guest03

guest03 Member

I am not connected to an exchange server on my Ozone. Just my Charter e-mail account which I turned off the checking every hour thinking that was causing the vibrate, but I was wrong.
  18. Brackben

Brackben New Member

I've had my ozone for about a week now and have never had this problem. I have apps and have hacked my registry and rearranged things on my home screen by editing the .home XML and have never had any vibrating before or after all these things were done. I would suggest going into all settings/phone/advanced/ and turn off "vibrate device when connection is established"
  19. guest03

guest03 Member

Alright I just did that, so I will let you know if it stops the vibrating.

Thanks for the idea.

EDIT: This unfortunately didn't solve the problem. All I have noticed differently with this is that it didn't vibrate when I was making a phone call when it connected.

Any more ideas anyone...
  20. guest03

guest03 Member

UPDATE:
    Took my phone to the nearest VZW store.

Trip 1.
    Told me to erase my sent messages since they had been stored for over a month. I told him that it was doing it when I got the phone out of the box. Didn't matter, he sent me on my way with that.
    Still vibrating randomly.

Trip 2.
    Said still doing the same exact thing, he updated the software on the phone. Came back an hour later, told him still doing the same thing.

Trip 3.
    Said it was still broken, finally replaced my device. Also replaced the battery as well since they said they don't have a replacement policy yet fo rthis phone since it is new.

Finally got a new phone, and the vibrating headache is gone.

And I have just upgraded to WinMo 6.5 from XDA.