random screen lighting up

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by bemythndr, May 7, 2009.

1. bemythndr

bemythndr New Member

random screen lighting up

okay i just got the q 9m and im trying to figure out why it randomly lights up and if there is a way to turn it off cause it makes me think im getting a text or something so i was hoping someone could help me...thanks =]
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

It's either polling for service or data. Whatchya got running in the background? :) -Q
  3. bemythndr

bemythndr New Member

what do you mean running in the background? right now nothings running atleast i dont think anythings running
  4. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

K. If you have an email client set up to check it may be doing that. If you are possibly in a fringe area it may be checking for a carrier conection. Watch your icons at the top right of you homescreen. :) -Q
  5. bemythndr

bemythndr New Member

ahh okay, well no email i think it just might be searching for service. i kind of just got a tad nervous cause its a pre-owned phone so i wasnt sure if i was just being paranoid or if it was the phone but thank you i think all my questions are answered...for now at least ha..oh actually i have one! i have ringtones i bought can i set them for when i get a text message? cause everytime i go to change my text ringtone they dont show up but for when someone calls they appear
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Yeah, yeah . . . Do you have a SD card or are you ringtones all on your device?
  7. bemythndr

bemythndr New Member

i have a card but all my ringtones are on the phone
  8. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

If you copy all of your ringtones to the root directory of your card they will show up in WM 6.1 If you are running WM 6.0 copy/move them to your Windows root directory. :) -Q
  9. bemythndr

bemythndr New Member

wow it worked!! thank you soo much!!
  10. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Sure thing, man. It's all good. :) -Q