quick toggle concept

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by pikacz, Aug 9, 2011.

1. pikacz

pikacz Member

you guys
    you all know that if we press either volume rocker on our sweet wp7 devices, a bar slides down with volume level and ring/vibrate/silent icon
    i think that there's a lot of wasted blank space between those. i know that if you listen to music/radio the play controls jump there, but if you don't, there's nothing much going on over there
    do you like the idea to put the quick on/off toggles (wi-fi, cell data, location etc.) in that space? check this out:

untitled.JPG

the icons would of course have to have 2 looks to distinguish if a feature is on/off. furthermore, if you listen to music/radio, there would be a couple of icons in that space and they wouldn't fit in 1 view, so all of them would be scrollable (left/right), e.g. you pause the music, scroll right to toggle bluetooth, scroll left to unpause etc.
    and lastly, the user should have the option to decide what toggles he/she would like to display there
    p.s. i'm very sorry for crudely using paint but i wanted to share this with you asap, otherwise i'd forget [​IMG]
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Kind of like Android has...
  3. pikacz

pikacz Member

here's another concept, i modified a little nizzon's (from xda-dev forum) idea

yY2z6.jpg

the icons would slide into view after touching anywhere below the little right hand arrow, there's plenty of space there. after toggling sth they would hide themselves after 2 seconds
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Thats cool
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I like this idea better. Toggeling the volume keys are already a little cumbersome for me, since I have to reach for it.
  6. Sb.

Sb. Member

I'd say the side one looks classier and you wouldn't have an issue with the music buttons as opposed to the other idea.

I just wish someone would make a separate volume control for phone and ringer!!!!!! its really starting to s%*t me now!!
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

True that! Although, it probably doesn't bother me as much. But it does get annoying if I forget to turn it back up and barely hear the alarm in the morning.