Quick help here on menu navigation.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Flint the Mint, May 2, 2009.

1. Flint the Mint

Flint the Mint New Member

Quick help here on menu navigation.

I just picked up a Moto Q 9m yesterday (a freebee from a client who switched to ATT). I apologize in advance if I use the wrong name for keys or other Moto jargon.

So far the experience has been decent, but on thing is really irking me about some of the Moto menu stuff.

Here is the situation. Say I was in messaging a few minutes ago and I hit the end button (or home) while I was in the drafts folder.

Now I get an alert that I have a new text.

I see a "1" on my home screen after SMS.

So I toggle down and highlight the SMS (1) and hit the center button.

It takes me to the "drafts" folded because that is where I left of last.

Is there any way to have it take you the inbox?

I can't imagine the manufacturer would think I would be keying on SMS alert to be dumped off in the folder I previously left. Doesn't it make sense that I'd want to be sent directly to my new text to read it.

As far as I can telll, in order to see the new text (assuming I did key off messaging in the inbox last time I was there) I have to key the alert then menu/folder/inbox. Very cumbersome and not user frinedly. I hope there is another faster way.

Thank you in advance for any help of guidance
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

once you select the inbox again then you will be taken back there. It's not a motorola thing, it's a windows mobile thing
  3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

What Paco said. It of course IS a WinMo thing and the best way to combat it is to always back out into the inbox of whatever you are in. Been doin' it for years and it's automatic for me and so many others. Doesn't matter what phone you are running WinMo on. After a while it'll be "automatic" for you to. :) -Q
    (2 U from my Q9Nap)
  4. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

5. Flint the Mint

Flint the Mint New Member

thanks for the reply and info.

2nd annoying item.

Why is it that when I go to contacts and scroll through the list to pick a contact to call, some of them come up with "call mobile phone" highlighted and some come up with "send text message" highlighted.

It looks like it defaults to the last mode of communication I had with the contqact

How do I make it so it always defaults to "call"?
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

That's the nature of the beast. If you EVER figure out how to alter this behavior, post it right away. You'll get a THOUSAND "Thanks" right away. It's a WM thing, has nothing to do with the Q. :) -Q